Any experience with the Nosler 7mm 140gr BT?

I have a load for my 7-08 with 140 accubonds that shoots great. Considering trying the 140 BTs though for lower cost shooting and possibly switching over to them completely. I see the 7mm 120 BT is regarded as a fairly tough bullet compared to other BTs, how is the 140? Ranges I will be shooting is 400 yards and in. This is for deer and elk.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Shot hundreds of animals with that bullet, found it on the back side of the skin of dozens and dozens of African animals. if they can take down a zebra, it'll take down a deer just fine. It's supposedly too soft but I've had great results with it.

Paul

Last edited:
I use the Noslers in my 7-08s. What I found is that with my load, the regular BTs hit to the same point of aim and group roughly the same as the Accubonds. So, what I do is practice with the BTs and hunt with the Accubonds.

Wapiti1

WKR
My wife and I have used that bullet a lot in 7X57 and .284. At 2700-2900fps muzzle velocity they open well, and typically exit deer and antelope. No issues with shoulder shots on those animals. I have not shot elk with that bullet, but don't have any hesitation doing so.

It's a very good bullet IMO for all around 7mm loads.

Jeremy

Jim1187

Lil-Rokslider
Great deer load. For elk or moose the 150 grain nbt would be my preference if I was going that route particularly in the 7mm08 or 7x57. The 140 won't bounce off but I found the 150 gets better penetration.

OP
A
I use the Noslers in my 7-08s. What I found is that with my load, the regular BTs hit to the same point of aim and group roughly the same as the Accubonds. So, what I do is practice with the BTs and hunt with the Accubonds.
Is your powder charge the same between the BTs and accubonds?

SC HUNTER

FNG
I've killed dozens of deer with a 140 grain ballistic tip. The majority exit and leave great blood trails, the rest soak it up and run 20 yards on their chin. I love them.

Is your powder charge the same between the BTs and accubonds?

Yep, the loads are exactly the same, with the exception of the bullet.

My average group size with the BTs is .896” (over 100 5-shot groups measured). With the ABs it is 1.032”. Same point of impact.

Motown

WKR
Ballistic Tips are pretty much all I hunt with anymore out of various calibers. I have probably shot 60-70 deer with them over the years and never had one fail and deer don’t go far if they’re not DRT. Used the 140’s in my 280 rem quite a few times moving around 2900 fps and it hammers em!