Any experience with the Zamberlan 981 Wasatch?

longjoshr

FNG
I found a few pairs of the 981 Wasatch at a local store recently for a very good price, and picked them up. I've worn them around the house and they appear to be very comfortable. I wanted something a little taller for later seasons, but was curious if anyone has had any experience with these? In particular, any issues with an 11" boot, as it definitely isn't the norm.

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Im on my first pair of them. I used the 980s prior. Tall boot is all I know. Dont know that I could wear a shorter one. Only issue I've had is if I put my sheepfeet in them I get heel rub. Never got a blister in my 980s. These I tape my feet if im doing anything over 8mi to prevent issues. I have to "lace down" to get them to feel right. Otherwise I'm happy with the boot.

Last edited:
Im on my first pair of them. I used the 980s prior. Tall boot is all I know. Dont know that I could wear a shorter one. Only issue I've had is if I put my sheepfeet in them I get heel rub. Never got a blister in my 980s. These I tape my feet if im doing anything over 8mi to prevent issues. I have to "lace down" to get them to feel right. Otherwise I'm happy with the boot.
Do you have the standard sheepfeet or the thicker ones?

manitou1

WKR
Good boot, easy break in for me.
They run warm, so they are not a hot weather boot, ie July-August scouting.

Only problem I have is that my feet swell as the season progresses, especially at altitude and I need to go to a size 13 now.

Mine have about half a dozen outings on them but I will clean them up and post them for sale. They are a quality and comfortable boot though. I am "liquidating" several size 12s hiking boots and have moved to 13s... which I should have done to begin with.

Last edited:
I was intrigued enough to buy a pair! Unfortunately I bought the wide last and it was too wide. I did put 2hrs on the mountain with the boots and I did like them. I will be ordering a regular width pair.