Any experiences with US Optics?

Someone might chime in here with more knowledge than me, but this is my opinion: 10-15 years ago I remember US optics was talked about only in to comparison to S&B or the likes, they were considered top of the food chain. I always wanted an AI Arctic warfare topped with USO glass. Over the last 10-15 years, I don’t think they have changed/improved much, while everyone around them has by leaps and bounds. Now, I think they still make a pretty good scope, mediocre glass with reliable tracking and durability, but in their price range, there is a lot better out there.

OP
MuleyFever
Someone might chime in here with more knowledge than me, but this is my opinion: 10-15 years ago I remember US optics was talked about only in to comparison to S&B or the likes, they were considered top of the food chain. I always wanted an AI Arctic warfare topped with USO glass. Over the last 10-15 years, I don’t think they have changed/improved much, while everyone around them has by leaps and bounds. Now, I think they still make a pretty good scope, mediocre glass with reliable tracking and durability, but in their price range, there is a lot better out there.

Interesting. I was browsing Eurooptic and this one caught my eye. At $400 it appears to offer a good weight in a FFP with good magnification at 18oz.

XJGPN

FNG
USO has a Chinese made line now? That is heartbreaking. I remember 10-15 years ago when they were one of the most highly regarded scope manufacturers over on the Hide. The scopes were so customizable, it was awesome. They kind of dropped off my radar for a while there and recently when I looked at their line I was shocked to see just standard models being sold... but I didn’t realize they were offshoring production as well. Thanks for the info!

Sobrbiker

WKR
As a guy that shot for US Optics for years, their stuff out of Brea CA was bombproof. Kalispell was good for a while, and I’ve got no ownership experience with their current lines. I do know folks that use their current B and Foundation series optics and they are legit.
The “offshore” made TS Series seems like good bang for the buck, but the fact the elevation turret gives no indication of what rev the turret is on is a dealbreaker in my book (a lot like the Vortex Diamondback Tactical model).
I like the solid older LR or SN series (still have a few), and USO will still stand behind all their top tier stuff.
I’ve been toying with the thought of putting one of my custom LR17’s up for swap for a good non belted mag hunting rig, but have a hard time making that jump as I love their old stuff. I still hunt with a 1-8 with a custom reticle and a custom 1.5-6 dual focal plane, and shoot LR with an old 3.8-22 SN3.
When JBWIII sold his interest the company started going to a more marketable plan than built to order full customs-I remember when you could call and say “can you build me one with the windage on the left” (or dome such crazy stuff) and the answer was “absolutely”.
I’ve accidentally ran over a 5-25 with a Blazer and broke the R700 it was on and the scope was perfect....

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
straight to the point....the older scopes are solid, the new ones? i’ll pass. i own an sn3 3.7-15x44ergo with a 35 inch tube and illumination. also an st10 ergo with a 30mm tube. my only complaint is the illumination doent adjust low enough to not wash out your view in the dark.