Any fishing to be done on Wyoming Mule Deer unit 90?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see a few creeks and curious if anyone has fished these creeks. Was thinking I might go scout and fish a bit if there is decent fishing in the unit.

Mojave

WKR
Fish Boysen resevoir.

Some standing water out there and a few creeks, but Boysen will be good. Sweetwater river has fish.

You can also fish in creeks near Green mountain for brookies.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I scouted 90 in 2020. I covered a LOT of ground. I did not see any trout water and barely any water at all. I’d not waste time fishing.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Steve-I knew there wouldn't be a ton of water. If the fishing bug hits me I'll head up toward Dubois.

Mojave

WKR
Fishing near Dubois?

Like in the mountains or on the Wind River?

Most of the water between Riverton and Dubois is on the reservation, and requires a fishing license from them..

I think Bass and Ocean lake are on the reservation. Both or one or the other.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea -I know of several lakes/ ponds and creeks to fish near Dubois. I've fish them several times before just was hoping for some small creeks near the hunt unit I'll be scouting. No big deal as Dubois isn't that far away-probably 2.50 to 3 hours or so

Mojave

WKR
I guess it depends on if you want to fish Walleyes or trout.

I'd hit Boysen.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually there are but I have not caught one. I have caught Walleyes though-by accident. Many folks don't know it but South Carolina has Sauger, Walleye, Muskie and some pretty big Smallmouth bass.