Any fitness goals for the new year🤙

I didn’t have a goal in January of last year, but I did get a mtn bike in March (as well as a newborn son) and starTed riding on my lunch breaks, which led to riding all the time and he even running when the trails got wet. I wanted to hit 500 trail miles on the bike and ended up around 700 with another 50-75 miles on pavement. Ran about 100 miles and want to go for 250 in 2019 as well as 1200 bike miles. I’m gonna toss in another 100 miles hiking miles to stay balanced. Time for a ‘19 thread.

a5sooner

FNG
Im in the middle of planning an elk/deer combo hunt in Idaho...so I need to get in shape in general and for that specifically. Need to lose 30-40 lbs and build endurance.

ColeKira

FNG
I'll be running and training more BJJ. I'd like to enter at least 4 tournaments this year. Took Gold in No-Gi and Silver in Gi at my last tournament in October. That was in the 30 + division and I just turned 44. Feeling good.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to end up with 1800 trail miles and some change, a little short of my 2000 goal, but am plenty happy with it- lots and lots of very tough miles, lots and lots of elevation gain/loss

I'm even more happy my little buddy Tiny Elvis hit a 1000 trail miles yesterday! (in reality you can probably double a dog's miles :D)

oNTvOEc.jpg

h6V4upX.jpg

twall13

WKR
Looks like I'm going to end up with around 652 miles instead of the 700 I had set for my goal. Not bad considering my broken foot in October and still about 12 miles more than 2017 even with that set back. Looking forward to next year and a new set of goals. I'm liking the way mtwarden set a goal of "trail miles" that incorporates running, hiking and skiing. I might have to try something similar with running, hiking and biking this next year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
my 2018 totals (1806), have to clear it out tomorrow

2018 Goal- 2000 trail miles
running miles- 623, skiing/snowshoeing miles- 201, hiking miles- 982

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
attachment.php

attachment.php

end of another year, did well on the target even with the l5 s1 discectomy in August, that blew my elk season! ended up at 170k in elevation gain and 526miles with a goal of 150k in elevation and 400 miles...the back is still a work in progress and continuing the strengthening program and was good enough to let me take a nice back country Idaho muley...……...will start a new thread for 19 with a goal of 200k elevation and 600 miles always something to target!

attachment.php

Last edited: