Any Hog Hunters Here..?

anyone here know a landowner East of the Mississippi with a hog problem? My freezer is lower than I'd like......

We enjoy pig parties here between Ga/Ala. Day or night. The weapon doesn’t matter. We harvest as many as we can in addition to trapping.

Attachments

• 407578B4-BFDA-4D0C-A59F-46E7CAE64A36.jpeg
    407578B4-BFDA-4D0C-A59F-46E7CAE64A36.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 11
  • A0CF2ED7-DB4D-46F8-A6CF-12E96B7222D6.jpeg
    A0CF2ED7-DB4D-46F8-A6CF-12E96B7222D6.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 11
  • CBB13E3B-F988-43FD-A9A9-13D10EDD4B8C.jpeg
    CBB13E3B-F988-43FD-A9A9-13D10EDD4B8C.jpeg
    446.8 KB · Views: 10

KnightOwl

FNG
Love me some Pork..
And it's probably the most fun hunting I do. Fast and Furious..AR 6.8 or the Browning Auto 5 .
We hunt them in the swamps and wet Pine flatlands most all around my house.
Good fun after the Deer Rut is over.
View attachment 313691View attachment 313691View attachment 313691
Your so lucky !! I have ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to do some hog hunting...follow them through swamps and stuff so much fun... do you track them or find them with dogs?

Any cal cen coast hog hunters? Been trying to find them on public land but with no luck.
Good luck, I think they have maps! I’ve only seen them on public here a couple times in quick glimpses and of course when not hunting. With the right public spot near the right farmland it’d definitely be possible, but I’ve only got mine on private. Doable with putting in the time, which I haven’t but if you find a public spot next to an orchard or field that’s ready to harvest you could catch them moving through. You probably already know hunting here, but be very sure of where you are because the ranches usually guide or lease to guides if there’s pigs and are extremely protective of their commodity. I’ve heard more than a few stories of onX not being accurate, guns drawn, game warden called etc…

snvts82

FNG
Anyone have any recommendations for a lodge/outfitter hog hunt. Putting together a bachelor party this fall and have decided we want to kill some swine. I was looking at Tn or Tx. We're in Co so nothing too great around here. Looking for somewhere we can fly in, drive to and stay for a night after hunting then head out somewhere fairly close for some debauchery.

Big Bore

FNG
You've got a sweet revolver collection there.

Dad's eyes are starting to fight him a bit on Iron Sights. Any particular favorite pistol scopes/optics that don't require a fortune?

Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm just now seeing this. For scopes that won't break the bank, but will hold up to recoil, there are two I'd recommend. The fixed power Burris 2x20 or a used fixed power Leupold off ebay. I have one of the Burris models and it's great.

For Red dots, my personal favorite is the Trijicon RMR with 1MOA dot, but that one is pricey. My second favorite is probably the Vortex Venom. Only goes down to a 3MOA but is a very good quality RDS.

Good luck!

Sorry for the late reply. I'm just now seeing this. For scopes that won't break the bank, but will hold up to recoil, there are two I'd recommend. The fixed power Burris 2x20 or a used fixed power Leupold off ebay. I have one of the Burris models and it's great.

For Red dots, my personal favorite is the Trijicon RMR with 1MOA dot, but that one is pricey. My second favorite is probably the Vortex Venom. Only goes down to a 3MOA but is a very good quality RDS.

Good luck!
Many thanks!

Weldor

WKR
Anyone have any recommendations for a lodge/outfitter hog hunt. Putting together a bachelor party this fall and have decided we want to kill some swine. I was looking at Tn or Tx. We're in Co so nothing too great around here. Looking for somewhere we can fly in, drive to and stay for a night after hunting then head out somewhere fairly close for some debauchery.
Try Zach Hughes, He's out of east Tx, area. He knows quite a bit about the areas and outfitters.