Any hunt experience with Big Sand Lake Lodge?

I came across Big Sand Lake Lodge in my search for a quality Canada moose hunt. I found post in which someone reported a great fishing trip, but have not found any reports about their hunting operation. Does anyone have experience they're willing to share?

Bowsite.com has some reviews.

EDIT: looks like i was thinking of Google and Trip Advisor. Might want to read, but of course take with grain of salt.

Once thing I’ve kept in mind while looking is the frill / overhead around a hunt. In my mind, those places need a lot of things to go right in order to provide consistent good experiences. Obviously supplementing income with fishing, lodging, etc helps, but... all I’m looking for is safe reliable experienced hunt.

In my mind a better fit is likely going to be a small operator with laser focus. Just a gut feeling of mine and the route I’m focusing on. Of course there are big operations that are wonderful, but they are out of reach for me money wise. Whether or not Big Sand Lake is a functioning do-all destination that’s up to speed is not known to me personally, but i can see how such an operation could easily slide downhill after a slow year, turnover, etc. Ramping back up can be tough.

Last edited: