Any Idaho electricians on here

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Is there any Idaho electricians on here that wouldn’t mind chattin about the state test a little I have a few questions
I’m getting ready to send off my paper work and plan on takin the test as soon as possible
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
I held a few masters licenses but not Idaho. For a Journeyman you should get about 65% code based questions, the rest will be conduit fill/wire sizing/motor calcs and probably a few transformer questions. They never leave out some sort of residential load calculation involving a few electric ranges.

Go thru the test pretty quick and answer all you can easily, bookmarking the tough ones. 4 hours for 100 questions goes pretty quick. The Mike Holt study guides are worth the money unless you have some solid schooling.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to you. I’m taking my Georgia test at the first of November.

OP
Jacobo2012

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
I held a few masters licenses but not Idaho. For a Journeyman you should get about 65% code based questions, the rest will be conduit fill/wire sizing/motor calcs and probably a few transformer questions. They never leave out some sort of residential load calculation involving a few electric ranges.

Go thru the test pretty quick and answer all you can easily, bookmarking the tough ones. 4 hours for 100 questions goes pretty quick. The Mike Holt study guides are worth the money unless you have some solid schooling.

Thanks! I just passed my Ca test and I’m just finishing up my 5 yr apprenticeship so I’m still pretty fresh in navigating the code! I was just hoping to get some insider insight. I have the dewalt book with practice tests but will look into mike holt as well

14idaho

FNG
I've taken the master's test in Idaho and passed it. Don't let the time worry you, it's plenty long enough. Go through and answer what you can first. Then look for the others in the NEC. Any questions that you can't answer write them down to work on later if you need to. Fair test, you should do fine.

OP
Jacobo2012

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! My next step is to take the master in 2 years! Was the master pretty tough??

14idaho

FNG
I taught the NEC in adult education so I was always in the code anyway. I never took the journeyman test, but I've been told the big difference is the Master's has more load calculations. Plenty of examples in the book, you'll be ok.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
I passed my Georgia test and earlier this month had the 1 year anniversary of the company I started. My son now works for me and we are able to make our own schedule and have hunted more this season than ever before. Good luck to you on all your future endeavors!

OP
Jacobo2012

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
I passed my Georgia test and earlier this month had the 1 year anniversary of the company I started. My son now works for me and we are able to make our own schedule and have hunted more this season than ever before. Good luck to you on all your future endeavors!

That’s awesome I hope to be able to do that one day!! If I can’t get on with the utility company I plan to give it a go

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Unless Idaho is different than WA or AK, it should only be code questions. Mike holt practice test helped me immensely for the AK test.
Just make sure your book is tabbed and you know how to use the index and your golden. It's not about knowing everything, it's being able to find it. Good luck