Any leaked news on Sitka 2020 offerings?

pirogue

WKR
Those bulky looking, forward projecting, bino harnesses are obviously not made with a bow hunter in mind. Actually looks like it would be awkward to swing a rifle up and outward to clear the beast.

Most of the Sitka gear will be made in China
Very unfortunate...
NO!!!!!! Screw China man. For that price point it needs to be made here. I love sitka and own a small fortune worth of it but with everything going on I am going to start supporting more American made companies than ever before. That sucks, I really really like sitka gear and it is a serious addiction. I can't get enough! Stone glacier is starting to look good tho!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

NO!!!!!! Screw China man. For that price point it needs to be made here. I love sitka and own a small fortune worth of it but with everything going on I am going to start supporting more American made companies than ever before. That sucks, I really really like sitka gear and it is a serious addiction. I can't get enough! Stone glacier is starting to look good tho!

SG clothing and sleeping bags are not made in America, only the packs.

TravisIN

WKR
Kryptek who is owned by vets, Isn’t even made in America. If you listen the kifarucast with kryptek they talk about how tough it is to get clothing made in America. Definitely not saying don’t try and find something but it may be tough. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought Sitka was somewhere in South America. Still not as good as American made but definitely better than China haha

Edit: the first piece I grabbed to check said China so I mush have been thinking of something else. My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i prefer american made but i'll settle for anywhere other than china. that new trade deal sucks. we give them our hard earned money and they give us a virus.:mad:
Agree. Might be time to start pushing back a bit. I don't mind me some Japan glass or something but still screw China

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
They are missing the mark every year not offering non camo colors. And WTF is up with those 3/4 down pants? I like my shins warm to ya know....

Not even a little bit impressed. Is it just me or has Sitka been completely behind the 8 ball on their clothes and gear the last few years?

Hmmm. I have to say, I have a pair of 3/4 kuiu baselayers that I use more than any other. My boot, sock, gaiter combo usually keep me warm below the calf and taking them off or putting them on is a breeze. So, the 3/4 length glassing puffy pant doesn’t bother me.

Reading Tony’s review, I am also impressed with the body mapped use of synthetic insulation to save cost and boast performance in the jacket. I am not a fan of everything Sitka does (looking at you kelvin active hoody, you bastard shacket freak show) but these new down pieces seem interesting. Weight is right on top of the current, non-down version but I assume it is going to insulate better. Not sure I will dump my current insulation layers for them but it is a respectable entry into the field.

Honestly I am wondering if its worth having the blended down or buying the previous generation that's full synthetic. I feel the previous version would be better suited for extreme wet environments.
I already own a ghost whisperer do I need a camo version that does the same thing. Probably not.

Scorpion

WKR
Kryptek who is owned by vets, Isn’t even made in America. If you listen the kifarucast with kryptek they talk about how tough it is to get clothing made in America. Definitely not saying don’t try and find something but it may be tough. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought Sitka was somewhere in South America. Still not as good as American made but definitely better than China haha

Edit: the first piece I grabbed to check said China so I mush have been thinking of something else. My bad.

Some of the Sitka offerings are made in Central America (El Salvador, I think) but most is made in China.

Unfortunately, the best we could hope for is Taiwan or Vietnamese production. Everyone loves American made until it comes time to check out.

KUIU got a lot of shit for moving to Asia from Canada but they had a lot of valid points regarding the textile industry.

Other than the weight savings, I don't know why someone would want this over the kelvin WS? They have the kelvin active for a lighter garment and can hike in that. I guess this is a gap filler for in between but idk. I feel like outdoor research has a less expensive option that is lighter than both or close to it and is also wind resistant. Damn it. And just when I thought I had my mind made up on the right puffy. Sitka, quit playing games with my heart, my heart....

Kotaman

WKR
Other than the weight savings, I don't know why someone would want this over the kelvin WS? They have the kelvin active for a lighter garment and can hike in that. I guess this is a gap filler for in between but idk. I feel like outdoor research has a less expensive option that is lighter than both or close to it and is also wind resistant. Damn it. And just when I thought I had my mind made up on the right puffy. Sitka, quit playing games with my heart, my heart....

The Kelvin WS is just too bulky and heavy to pack. The Kelvin Active is for being “Active”, not really a stationary puffy. This piece will be a packable piece, warmer than the Kelvin Lite, without the bulk of the WS, made specifically for the mountain hunter that needs a warm, lightweight puffy. So, yes, it is not only a “gap filler”, but a packable warm piece that was missing from the lineup for the mountain hunter. I for one, will own one. I’d rather support the hunting companies anyway...

I currently use the SG Grumman and am blown away by it, only downside is no bottom hem cinch. The Grumman is over 5oz lighter, $20 cheaper, equivalent down quality (mine was 875fp according to the QR code on the tag that allows you to track your down) and is in a few solid colors that everyone seems to want from the kelvin. Highly suggest the Grumman if you’re disappointed in the kelvin lite down!

That being said, I think the mapped insulation is a big plus for the kelvin. I have an Arc’teryx cerium lt which uses similar patterning and I love it.