Any leaked news on Sitka 2020 offerings?

The Kelvin WS is just too bulky and heavy to pack. The Kelvin Active is for being “Active”, not really a stationary puffy. This piece will be a packable piece, warmer than the Kelvin Lite, without the bulk of the WS, made specifically for the mountain hunter that needs a warm, lightweight puffy. So, yes, it is not only a “gap filler”, but a packable warm piece that was missing from the lineup for the mountain hunter. I for one, will own one. I’d rather support the hunting companies anyway...
That WS is a bulky SOB, but one that I'll carry everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Easily my favorite piece of gear. The weight penalty won't determine the success of a hunt, while the warmth certainly could.

wrjam3

FNG
That being said, I think the mapped insulation is a big plus for the kelvin. I have an Arc’teryx cerium lt which uses similar patterning and I love it.

I was also looking for a puffy earlier this year and picked up the Cerium LT Hoody. Got a great deal on it, over half off. Then I saw an add pop up when Sitka released this new line and wondered if I should have waited. I did a little more digging and I'm happy I made the choice I did. The Cerium is an awesome jacket - love mine as well!

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
It seems like the roll out is being very slow. Is this normal for Sitka? I feel like FL was just like "here's everything new." Which I much preferred since I could plan what I wanted to try out right away.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone explain Sitka’s business model of having an online sale, but when you get on to look for sizes they offer they’re out of stock of everything besides what will fit a small girl or a very large man. This has been for most of the year too, when do they start restocking there online site. I have a few Sitka pieces and I like them, does most of there stock just get sent to retailers? This availability has what made me start trying out Kuiu and FL.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone explain Sitka’s business model of having an online sale, but when you get on to look for sizes they offer they’re out of stock of everything besides what will fit a small girl or a very large man. This has been for most of the year too, when do they start restocking there online site. I have a few Sitka pieces and I like them, does most of there stock just get sent to retailers? This availability has what made me start trying out Kuiu and FL.

First Lite does it too. Drives me insane. Especially anything in solids is hard to come by. I went to look at some Kuiu solids after that... but they were also sold out.

It seems these three companies are having some trouble keeping up with their expanded popularity.

I personally think some of their inventories have gotten too bloated which causes some supply chain issues. I can think of at least 5 pieces of Sitka/FL gear that could be consolidated because they are identical things wrapped in slightly different packages.

dkime

WKR
So......is the rest of this stuff gonna drop in time for us to have it before hunting season or are we just gonna skip this year and just go straight to 2021?

So......is the rest of this stuff gonna drop in time for us to have it before hunting season or are we just gonna skip this year and just go straight to 2021?

In fairness to our friends at sitka, I suspect their supply and manufacturing was disrupted. In their shoes, I would hold off any announcement until I was closer to having product I could deliver. No point in doing the big reveal now if the stuff won’t be available until another few months.

Cernunnos

FNG
Still can't get my head around people wanting to throw their money at overpriced CCP made crap in a country that just unleashed a bioweapon on us. I'll continue to fill my freezer in 20 year old stuff that has a made in the US tag and save the money for a new gun.

Sled

WKR
Still can't get my head around people wanting to throw their money at overpriced CCP made crap in a country that just unleashed a bioweapon on us. I'll continue to fill my freezer in 20 year old stuff that has a made in the US tag and save the money for a new gun.

you'd think china would leak the 2021 offerings by now. 2020 has been a bit disappointing from both sitka and life in general.

Is Sitka getting rid of their boxers? Seems like they are discontinued. I get it. 2020. Supply chain. Retail apocalypse. Covid. But I liked those boxers. Dammit.

I haven't tried their boxers yet but have just about everything else including packs, tarps, etc.. I do like outdoor research and first lite boxers. They are both awesome and dry quick.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

bob1sh

FNG
I haven't tried their boxers yet but have just about everything else including packs, tarps, etc.. I do like outdoor research and first lite boxers. They are both awesome and dry quick.

I was thinking about using the Mountain Hauler 4000 as a whitetail pack lol do you have any insight on that pack? I hunt public and need to be able to pack out if need be, was really hoping I could make that pack work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just released a new whitetail pack that is more specific for that type of hunting and hauling tree stands. Called the cargo box $399. It looks pretty sweet and had the right camo for deer hunting. Anyhow I have the largest version of the mountain hauler which is great but it would be way to bulky for deer hunting. The 4,000 ci one would be ideal if you are going deep into state land and have to pack out deer. The antler tie downs are great. I kind of wish I went with that one over the 6200 due to the organization and layout of the 4000 being much better. I would definitely recommend it but if you are tree stand hunting look at that cargo box as well.
096833a5d46a622553afef08193e4cf7.jpg

bob1sh

FNG
They just released a new whitetail pack that is more specific for that type of hunting and hauling tree stands. Called the cargo box $399. It looks pretty sweet and had the right camo for deer hunting. Anyhow I have the largest version of the mountain hauler which is great but it would be way to bulky for deer hunting. The 4,000 ci one would be ideal if you are going deep into state land and have to pack out deer. The antler tie downs are great. I kind of wish I went with that one over the 6200 due to the organization and layout of the 4000 being much better. I would definitely recommend it but if you are tree stand hunting look at that cargo box as well.
096833a5d46a622553afef08193e4cf7.jpg

I’m aware of the Cargo Box and I listened to a recent podcast where Chris Derrick talked about it possibly being able to get the job done hauling out a deer but it wasn’t designed for it. I wear all big game stuff in the stand until December anyway so I wouldn’t mind the subalpine pack. Just seems like it would work well for what I want.

Yeah it definitely would work. It's much nicer than say a SG 5900 for whitetail/treestand/meat hauler use as it has better organization. Also has alot more room over the whitetail pack. You could probably get most of the deer out in one heavy load!

Just got the new bino harness. Havent opened it yet. Looks decent though

bob1sh

FNG
Yeah it definitely would work. It's much nicer than say a SG 5900 for whitetail/treestand/meat hauler use as it has better organization. Also has alot more room over the whitetail pack. You could probably get most of the deer out in one heavy load!

It’s a done deal then, thanks for clearing that up!