Any Leica fans using Swaro SLC 15x56?

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried several brands and finally settled on Leica for small glass (8x, 10x). The color and contrast is pleasing to my eye and I like them. But Leica doesn’t offer any big glass options. Are there any Leica fans out there running Swaro SLC 15x56 because Leica doesn’t offer a product in this configuration? If so are there issues with switching between the two brand during a glassing session. I’m other words do the different contrasts/colors effect your eyes?

The one hole in my optic toolbox is a good set of 15x. I’m just not sure which brand will complement my other tools.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I solved that problem for over a decade with 10-15 Duovids. They are excellent.

BBob

WKR
IMO only two sit at the upper end of 15's. Swaro SLC's and Meopta Meostars. I think the SLC package is slightly better overall and optically they are very close to one another. SLS's have a bit more eye relief. As far as color goes (I'm color blind) I still prefer the old long discontinued Zeiss 15x60 BGAT but the Meostar and SLC are optically a touch better. For me when it comes right down to it I couldn't say color preference has made much of a difference finding animals over the years, it's just a preference.

bpurtz

WKR
Here are some Duovids for sale...

I owned some Geovid 15x56 HD - imo, optically, they were every bit as good as my buddies 15x56 Swaros. I just found that I rarely used the 15x binos and when I did want the extra magnification, I usually wanted my spotter.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
The only thing I’ve found better than the Duovids are my 12x NL Pures. I never was impressed with the Swarovski 15s the many times I compared them to my Duovids in the field.

Wrench

WKR
I have the 15x56 swaros and leica noctovids. I have had the ba or bn 8x42 and 12x50s.

Leica is a much warmer view that I find easier to locate animals in brown/green background. It's just more contrasty. The swaros are great, but given the size vs the 12x50 and the contrast issues, I've always been sad that I sold the leicas.

Wrench

WKR
I found the geovids to be as cool or cooler than the Swarovski. It's the temp of the leica that I prefer.

OP
M

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 15x56 swaros and leica noctovids. I have had the ba or bn 8x42 and 12x50s.

Leica is a much warmer view that I find easier to locate animals in brown/green background. It's just more contrasty. The swaros are great, but given the size vs the 12x50 and the contrast issues, I've always been sad that I sold the leicas.
Which leica did you sell?

I would second the duovids. I’m starting to regret selling them but the nl 12s and btx combo probably edge them out…slightly