Any Mtn Ops "Prize Winners"?

jfclarktn

FNG
Has anyone, or anyone you know, actually won any of the prizes or giveaways from Mtn Ops. I got an email from them in April 2021 saying I had won a Yeti 75 cooler and Yeti Backpack. Looked at their instagram page, sure enough, I was one of the three winners. Pretty pumped, but here it is 10 months later, and still no cooler or backpack. I have exchanged numerous emails with the marketing director/hype team, and at first it was that Yeti was behind, but they've "supposedly" given away similar prize packs like 3 more times since. She finally just stopped replying to my emails until I contacted customer service directly. So a month ago the story was that they were shipped from someone else, and must've went to the wrong address, but they would find out where they were shipped and let me know...crickets. I realize it wasn't anything that I actually bought and haven't received, as it was a prize, but it has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. Just wondering if anyone has actually won something that they've received?

bsnedeker

WKR
That company is a bit too "gritty" for me to deal with so I don't follow. I did win a giveaway last year from Elk101 and they got me my stuff within a couple of months for whatever that's worth.

TSAMP

WKR
It may very well be related to Yeti. I put new BFG tires on my truck and there was a yeti promo going on. It took probably 5 months to get the cooler and several emails sent. 10 months is just ridiculous.

2five7

WKR
No experience with Mtn Ops, but I have won a few of those social media prizes in the past years, I've always gotten my stuff pretty quick. IMO, they should have the prize in hand before offering it up.

OP
jfclarktn

jfclarktn

FNG
That company is a bit too "gritty" for me to deal with so I don't follow. I did win a giveaway last year from Elk101 and they got me my stuff within a couple of months for whatever that's worth.
A buddy let me use some of their stuff on a long drive from MT to TN, and that got me into their stuff, but I definitely have a bad taste now

OP
jfclarktn

jfclarktn

FNG
It may very well be related to Yeti. I put new BFG tires on my truck and there was a yeti promo going on. It took probably 5 months to get the cooler and several emails sent. 10 months is just ridiculous.
They were blaming Yeti back in August, now its whoever the shipper is/was. Wish I had got in on that BFG promo, I put a set on back in 2020

OP
jfclarktn

jfclarktn

FNG
No experience with Mtn Ops, but I have won a few of those social media prizes in the past years, I've always gotten my stuff pretty quick. IMO, they should have the prize in hand before offering it up.
You're exactly right.

Sad. they should purchase one regardless of fault and send immediately. That's poor business. Wonder if the trucks or other prizes never "make it" to the final guy.

wapitibob

WKR
Can’t you post on your IG and tag them so all their followers see it? Or maybe their twitter. I’m not sure how all that stuff works.

OP
jfclarktn

jfclarktn

FNG
Can’t you post on your IG and tag them so all their followers see it? Or maybe their twitter. I’m not sure how all that stuff works.
Gonna be honest, I wasn't sure how to post something that people would see, other than local folks that follow me. I'll look into the twitter thing

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
Guy I work with won this truck a few years ago. He still has it

Attachments

• truck-gallery-3.jpg
    truck-gallery-3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 130
I won a bha raffle that was a pretty big prize, had a bunch of stuff from various companies including yeti and I noticed that the stuff all trickled in from the directly from the different companies at various times spread out over a couple months. I actually still haven’t received a kayak paddle probably 8 or 10 months later… I wonder if you talk nice to the right yeti person and explain the situation if they might just figure it out and handle it? I’m sure there’s someone that is in charge of their promotions or whatever. Its no loss to you, since it was just a random win, but they are nice coolers and you rightfully won one.