Any one have wind drift data on fixed vs mechanical

Marble

WKR
And I think the wind affects my ability to hold on target more as the shooter. It blows me around, causing a wandering pin.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've shot some 3D shoots where the wind was so bad it was whipping power lines up and down. It's all good experience in knowing just how you and your arrow reacts in the wind.

Beendare

WKR
And I think the wind affects my ability to hold on target more as the shooter. It blows me around, causing a wandering pin.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yeah, agreed…thats the point many are making.

Its common sense that every arrow in the wind is different…no constant.

My compound arrows- blazers, 2 blade- in a 15-20 mph crosswind don’t drift out of the kill zone at 50y….my recurve arrows -3” feathers, 2 blade- do.

CMF

WKR
So for you guys that carry both, my question is why? If you have the confidence in a mechanical at long range, how can you possibly not have confidence in at closer ranges when your arrow is on a straighter, faster, and more accurate path?
I don't have confidence in the penetration of a mech. I have confidence a mechanical can kill, but I'd prefer a pass-through and the most penetration possible, so I'd use a fixed 2 blade. I lose some confidence in the fixed blade at longer distances because I don't see the same grouping as a mech. I'd only take a perfect broadside shot at longer distance with a mech, where as a fixed at shorter distance, I'd be confident in taking a frontal or quartering shot.
I've had NAP Killzones not pass thru 2 different whitetail bucks. They stopped on the opposite shoulder. I've since moved to heavier arrows. Anything I've shot broadside with fixed has passed thru.