Any one switch from kifaru to seek outside pack

Hey guys I have a kifaru 26 tactical with a argali bag. Have run it 3 years and packed out alot of critters with it but find myself looking at cutting some weight out of my pack. The so pack weights are impressive. Any body try one. Are they comfortable under a heavy load. Thoughts. I don't mind my kifaru but have never been in love with it.

Thanks

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I have a kifaru 26 tactical with a argali bag. Have run it 3 years and packed out alot of critters with it but find myself looking at cutting some weight out of my pack. The so pack weights are impressive. Any body try one. Are they comfortable under a heavy load. Thoughts. I don't mind my kifaru but have never been in love with it.

Thanks

Just swapped out. Have only done my 55lb sandbag, but no issues with the SO pack. I like the frame setup a bit better than my kifaru duplex. Did find that the frame and my talon made an awesome whitetail day pack.

bozeman

WKR
Went from Kifaru to MR to Stone Glacier to Seek Outside.......I have finally quit looking. :)

Call them, try one.?...Im glad I did.

Wrongside

WKR
My sheephunting pard switched from a Kifaru to a SO Evolution a few years ago. AFAIK he's not looking at packs anymore.

Just sold all of my kifaru stuff and right now I have a brand new stone glacier and a brand new seek. Trying to decide which one to send back. Years ago I had the kifaru ultralight which didn't last long , then I had a bikini frame and high camp bag that I never could get myself to like , then I bought a used duplex & a new reckoning which I liked a lot but it was around 7.5 lbs. before I started adding a bunch of pockets which took it to over 9 lbs.
Since having a heart attack on Christmas Eve, I decided to make some changes in life. After some deep thought and consulting with my loved ones, I've come to the conclusion that in my later years it's time quit this young man's game and move on to a lighter pack! I got the stone glacier to fit by taking out one of the foam pieces of the lumbar pad but If I gain any more fat around my gut that belt won't cinch tight enough and it's the largest one they make. It's pretty comfy with 80 lbs. in it but no more so than the seek and the seek is over a pound lighter.
Another thing about the seek is it's made of the xpack material so you don't have to carry a rain cover. It's going to be noisier getting in and out of but I'm not sure I'm going to let that be an issue. Personally I like the belt and shoulder straps better than I've liked anyone else's. I also don't like the way cordura soaks up and retains water. I will say that even though cordura is spongy the contents of my pack never got wet.
The only thing that the SG has on the seek imo is the rifle quick release thing (academy award winner), its quieter, tougher (cordura) and it seems to be narrower so it loads taller which I like. The seek on the other hand has extra large belts like the one I have and they even make belts in xxl! Using some of my left over kifaru gun bearer stuff Im more than happy with the way I can carry a rifle on the seek. The only time I would use the SG quick sling is when on the trail. The xpack may not be as tough as cordura but I've never heard of anyone tearing it up and I don't think the extra noise has to be an issue. As I mentioned earlier, I like the way the SG packs taller and skinnier but if anything, with 80 lbs. in each pack, the seek was more comfy to me. Now that I think about it, I dont think Ive ever worn a more comfy pack. Should prolly take all this with a grain of salt since I haven't taken them out of the house. If you getem dirty why they may not refund your money!
Obviously I've made my decision. Order one and I think you'll be amazed at the weight and capabilities of these little featherweight packs. I for one am looking forward to getting my hands on the new Lanner 5400.