Any OTC Mule Deer Tags Available?

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't draw anything good this year. I am hitting at OTC Whitetail hunt in Idaho--but really looking for something more. Any decent OTC mule deer tags left that anyone is aware of? Looking for rifle at this point. Thanks!

OP
T

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Come to California, we have OTC tags.
Yes--yes we do! I am a CA resident and fill my OTC A-zone each year (but not yet this year!). I have 14 deer points going into next year--decisions, decisions.

However--looking for an out of state adventure.

Northpark

WKR
Unfortunately not many OTC options these days. Mule deer are hurting in most states so everything went to draw. Maybe options in Nebraska if I remember correctly but I could be wrong on that one.

Landowner tags can be bought in Colorado but the only otc I’m aware of is Idaho and it sells out in December the year prior to their season due to non-res caps. The other option is turn back tags in Colorado and Nevada but that’s watching their site like a hawk. Good luck!

n8tivenv

Lil-Rokslider
Arizona I believe is OTC for archery either a Coues or mule deer. Did it a few years ago in Dec/January. Weather was great-animals hard to find but it was better than staying home all winter.

Arizona I believe is OTC for archery either a Coues or mule deer. Did it a few years ago in Dec/January. Weather was great-animals hard to find but it was better than staying home all winter.
Did this hunt near Flagstaff last December and shot a small three point the first day, my hunting buddy had some chances at some decent four points. Plenty of deer, even saw some javelina! This year, you have to call in and see if they have hit their quota in that unit before you hunt it, I guess the success rate has been too high!

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately not many OTC options these days. Mule deer are hurting in most states so everything went to draw. Maybe options in Nebraska if I remember correctly but I could be wrong on that one.
I believe that most, if not all, are sold out already. Our unit sold out within 2 months. They went on sale during the summer.

And...Nebraska only has ~3% public land.