Any place still have ammo?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
30-06 has been pretty scarce up here for about 2 months. I have been able to find it, but that is checking multiple stores on different days. I'm having trouble finding 44 mag too, and I need to put about 100 rounds through a revolver as I just changed out the main spring, so I'm not going to get the expensive stuff for that.

Good luck.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Looking for Remington core lokt in 150, but guess I can’t be picky at the moment
I have 59 rounds (3 boxes w/ 1 missing) of Hornady 30-06 "reduced recoil" rounds with the 125gr SST if you are interested

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
Check gunbroker.com
There's plenty ammo on there but it'll probably be way over priced

I follow a couple of other shooting and tactical forums. It is bad everywhere. COVID end of the world stuff. Social unrest. Incoming president with an anti gun posture. It is like toilet paper in April. Everyone is striping anything off the shelves. Made worse by profiteers that are buying and flipping on gunbroker and other sites to the point that even honest sellers don’t sell at precovid prices for fear of becoming a wholesaler to the flipper crowd.

For example 9mm is up 3x. A case of practice rounds was ~$200. They sell for $600-700 plus shipping now.

Word is out and people are lining up a local sporting goods stores the day they get their delivery and buying their allotment of ammo before the shelves are stripped clean.

Two strategies that seem to be working is (1) buying a small quantity from a gun store you know that will set aside an allocation for you or (2) showing up at a big box store the day their ammo shipment comes in. #2 usually requires a wait. Guys at academy describe waiting an hour or more. Bringing wives to double up. Making 2-3 trips through the line to different cashiers. Getting 3 boxes of ammo each trip.

Another option is to contact someone that will reload for you. Rifle primers are still a little easier than small pistol primers but bullet supplies are low with long lead times and limited variety.

If there is one upside, those that are flush with ammo are cleaning up reselling or bartering. I have a couple of hoarder buddies converting portions of their ammo stores into some nice firearms. 1000 rounds of 9mm for an NIB Glock. Even better deals on some vintage stuff and hunting firearms.

IMO things will be bad for a long time. Best case a year or two. Biden could make it worse with ammo taxes and restrictions on sales (quantity, no mail order or internet, registration like CA).

5peataz

FNG
My middle of nowhere ace hardware has been the best for me to find stuff. Gotta get lucky wherever

I saw two boxes of range ammo. 9mm 45.99.

Who would have thought we would have the days of $1 -9mm.

Someone gets shot and they say damn!! They just put $15 of bullets in his ass.

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
wait till these political dyck heads try to ban the online sale of ammo/gun parts. you think it's hard to find now.
I hope I'm wrong and they don't get that.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Made worse by profiteers that are buying and flipping on gunbroker and other sites to the point that even honest sellers don’t sell at precovid prices for fear of becoming a wholesaler to the flipper crowd.
Price has always been dictated by supply and demand for all goods. Currently, supply is short and demand is apparently high. Last year supply was high and demand was low so pricing was low, yet "the free market" set the pricing in both cases. Market price is set when supply and demand meet in equilibrium. That's exactly how it should be. People should never be condemned for their buying and selling actions in that free market regardless where supply and demand is sitting. If the prices are set too high, demand will dwindle. But if there are buyers for what supply is out there at specific prices, then there's a market at those prices.......regardless what those prices are. Real estate is a perfect example. This is simple Econ 101.

The problem is.......a lot of people aren't even part of the demand side of the equation UNTIL AFTER supply has dwindled, and then complain about sellers selling at market pricing.

I sold 26 rounds of 143gr 6.5 CM the other day for $30. I have no idea what the actual market price is right now for those, but it must be higher than that elsewhere because I had almost two dozen texts from guys out of state that wanted me to ship it to them. Locally, the market demand must be lower because I only had one local guy contact me, and he got it. I've seen 5.56 selling every day on GB for over twice what I was asking locally (plus shipping)......yet I had no takers locally. Perhaps I should list it on GB.

Last edited:
Price has always been dictated by supply and demand for all goods. Currently, supply is short and demand is apparently high. Last year supply was high and demand was low so pricing was low, yet "the free market" set the pricing in both cases. Market price is set when supply and demand meet in equilibrium. That's exactly how it should be. People should never be condemned for their buying and selling actions in that free market regardless where supply and demand is sitting. If the prices are set too high, demand will dwindle. But if there are buyers for what supply is out there at specific prices, then there's a market at those prices.......regardless what those prices are. Real estate is a perfect example. This is simple Econ 101.

The problem is.......a lot of people aren't even part of the demand side of the equation UNTIL AFTER supply has dwindled, and then complain about sellers selling at market pricing.

I sold 26 rounds of 143gr 6.5 CM the other day for $30. I have no idea what the actual market price is right now for those, but it must be higher than that elsewhere because I had almost two dozen texts from guys out of state that wanted me to ship it to them. Locally, the market demand must be lower because I only had one local guy contact me, and he got it. I've seen 5.56 selling every day on GB for over twice what I was asking locally (plus shipping)......yet I had no takers locally. Perhaps I should list it on GB.

Thanks, bud. I managed to take a few Econ classes while earning my degrees in finance so I am well aware of the theory. It still doesn’t make me like opportunism and speculation any more. I put ammo hoarders and flippers in the same category as the shit heads that were hoarding and flipping PPE and hand sanitizer earlier this year. If you permit unbridled profiteering under any and all circumstances then the world gets very mad max very quickly. Setting aside the economics discussion, when a fellow rock slider can’t find 30-06 ammo to go hunting, it is a symptom of a significant problem. If that problem grows and persists then a lot of people can’t or won’t go hunting. That is a bad thing. Full stop.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Found these if anyone wants me to get them for them. Can only buy 2 boxes
63550bd98f744034ab00990c09415e9a.jpg
c42418372df1539b4ff1833353bfd1c2.jpg
1e98550d04a9ac33518c2b8ea0833921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Best way to get things these days is to have many people watching for you. I have group texts with people all over the West looking out for things. My brothers know if they find Retumbo or 4831SC for under 40 dollars a pound, you buy it and I will send you money. Its been effective.

It also doesnt hurt to post things on here. I have shipped ammo and dies to people in the last couple months. This offer stands for anyone. Let me know what you need and I will keep my eye out for it. All I ask is cost of item plus actual shipping. The only thing I wont deal with is anything that requires hazmat.

Because of this thread, I was able to connect with a fellow RS'er and grab some shells. He made some coin, I got some ammo...guy's helping each other out.

WKR
They had more ammo than I expected at my local shop today. Picked up some 30.06, .223, and .40. I may have just had good timing as it was moving off the shelves fairly quickly.

Fatcamp

WKR
No time for ammo stockpiling. Got the wife and kids filling the basement with Charmin.

I'm gonna be rich!😀

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I put ammo hoarders and flippers in the same category as the shit heads that were hoarding and flipping PPE and hand sanitizer earlier this year.
So if you want to sell your house and last year it was worth $400k and this year the supply dwindles and the demand rises and now it's worth $600k.........are you going to sell it for $400k because you disagree with the market pricing or the concept of capitalism? Whether someone is a hoarder or flipper of anything, no one is forcing you or anyone else to buy stuff from them, so I'm not sure why that bothers you. Now, I would agree that if the government was forcing people to buy something (like health insurance that Obamacare tried to force on people).........then yes, that's a problem. But nobody is being forced to buy ammo, PPE, or hand sanitizer. Of those three, ammo is all I need or want.

The other day I saw two full shelves of 25-06 ammo, and that was all that was on the shelves. I wonder why that cartridge is the red-headed step child in all this? Perhaps it's time to buy a 25-06 if someone needs ammo. That's one reason why I picked up archery..........I can shoot whenever I want and I never have to worry about running out of ammo. :D

Last edited: