Any recommendations for cold weather glassing mittens that are not first lite, kuiu, or Sitka?

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a lower cost option. What has worked well for you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If your not packing in just some leather ones with a wool liner work good. Add a hot hand pack in there and you'll be extra toasty.

LostArra

WKR
The Timberline mittens are WARM! but not cheap.

Shraggs

WKR
Old time rag wool gloves or glomets (Fox brand I think) work for me. They breath and paired with rei gortex shell, wide range of use and temps.

If your not packing in just some leather ones with a wool liner work good. Add a hot hand pack in there and you'll be extra toasty.
x2 on leather mittens with wool liners. nice thing is you can bring in/have multiple wool liners in case a pair gets wet somehow. very affordable too and have many more uses than just glassing

x3 on the leather with wool. I have used Chopper Mitts($30) and they have been great for a few years now. If the insulation gets wet you just pull it out and put new wool ones in while the others dry.

Poser

WKR
If you’re on the cheap and weight isn’t much of a concern, grab you a pair of insulated Kinko work gloves or mitts. There is a reason that, with all of the high end choices, these $30 gloves are the preference for ski patrollers, Backcountry skiers etc. I have a pair of First Lite Grizzlies that I use for the absolute coldest days in the mountains, but the Kinkos get the workhorse nod for snowboarding. They are a little too heavy for backpack hunting for my purposes, however., but no doubt they would be sufficiently warm.

slick

WKR
2nd or 3rd or 4th the Kinko’s.

Agree with Poser. Head up to any mtn and that’s what all the non-tourists are using.