Any Roksliders in Columbus, Ohio?

crumy

WKR
Unfortunately, I recently left Wyoming and moved to Columbus, Ohio where we could be closer to family. Was wondering if there are any Roksliders around. I am up North around Lewis Center.

Jim

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
You left Wyoming!! *face palm* you're nuts. A good buffer zone between family is preferred to keep unnecessary or unwanted drop bys to a minimum.

Last edited:
I am 2 hrs East of Columbus on I70....

Are you heading back west this fall to hunt? I am making my annual pilgrimage to Colorado in September.

weaver

WKR
Currently working a little east of lewis center. I live up in the canton area. I gotta get back to Idaho.....

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
You left Wyoming!! *face palm* you're nuts. A good buffer zone between family is preferred to keep unnecessary or unwanted drop bys to a minimum.

I totally agree. But things happened and we had to do it. This was a hard thing to do for my wife and son too. Definitely miss the mountains. Not the June blizzards, but definitely the mountains.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
I am 2 hrs East of Columbus on I70....

Are you heading back west this fall to hunt? I am making my annual pilgrimage to Colorado in September.

Yep.. I leave last weekend of September and fly into Jackson. Heading into the mountains for what I am calling "The Last Great Hunt". It might be a every other year after this one, but I will go West to Hunt.

Yep.. I leave last weekend of September and fly into Jackson. Heading into the mountains for what I am calling "The Last Great Hunt". It might be a every other year after this one, but I will go West to Hunt.

Just got back from Jackson a couple weeks ago......family vacation to Tetons and Yellowstone......awesome place.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly Shrek. You have to do what is right for the family.
I understand but damn that is rough. It'd be kinda like me moving back to Cali, I'd do it if I had to but would not be happy about it. Well you're welcome to come on down here to Missouri to hunt whitetail anytime to supplement, I know it is not the mountains but might stave off the hunger some.

rayporter

WKR
i also was there for the installation of a cable from columbus to canton before the water was raised on alum creek lake. i got to watch the guy buy and build Muirfield village, too.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
I understand but damn that is rough. It'd be kinda like me moving back to Cali, I'd do it if I had to but would not be happy about it. Well you're welcome to come on down here to Missouri to hunt whitetail anytime to supplement, I know it is not the mountains but might stave off the hunger some.
Appreciate it. I may have to take you up o that sometime. I am hoping Turkey season this year makes up for lack of 9000 feet elevation b

I live in Columbus. Live downtown in German Village. Welcome to the city. PM me if you ever want to grab a beer. -Dave