Any san diego fisherman?

I'm looking to plan a trip this summer with the family and looking to do some fishing. I would like to catch some dorado. I've read the best time is july/ August? If any of you guys can point me in the right direction, and/or recommend a good boat to charter I sure would appreciate it.

I've been on the Red Rooster 3 on a 8 day tuna trip. Its an awesome boat and awesome people that run it, was a lot of fun.

OP
Eltigreblanco
Thanks for the info. Ill look into them. An 8 day trip would be amazing. In reality it will probably have to be a half day trip. We are hoping the zoo and lego land are open for the kids

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info. Ill look into them. An 8 day trip would be amazing. In reality it will probably have to be a half day trip. We are hoping the zoo and lego land are open for the kids
Half day trips are mainly just to the kelp beds. Do at least a 3/4 day if you want Dorado.

OP
Eltigreblanco
Half day trips are mainly just to the kelp beds. Do at least a 3/4 day if you want Dorado.
Thanks for the tip. Any boat you recommend? I would be ok chartering my own boat if the price was reasonable

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the tip. Any boat you recommend? I would be ok chartering my own boat if the price was reasonable
Sorry, can’t help with that. I go with my brother on his boat. Bloodydecks is the rokslide of offshore fishing. Spend some time there and you’ll learn a lot.

Pro953

WKR
Watch the schedule on Seaforth landing. Look for a 3/4 day and grab it. Do you have a passport. Even some of the 3/4 are hitting Mexican waters right now. 1/2 day will likely be calicos and yellowtail if they are in. Dorado are hit and miss but it’s a fun experience no matter what. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk