Any special considerations for packing hog meat?

If I’m lucky enough to get a hog this season, are there any special considerations for packing out the meat?

I know the hogs here can carry brucellosis, so I wasn’t sure if I should take extra steps to keep blood off of my pack/me. I thought about putting the game bags in a trash bag for the hike back to the cooler.

I killed one last year on the escarpment and packed it out on my stone glacier... :) about a 250 pounder.

There's plenty of info out there from what I remember- I would suggest searching the forum or looking at what SC DNR has to say. The only thing I did different from a deer was wear nitrile gloves, and as always avoided slicing myself. Went straight into the game bags, and then straight into the stone glacier dry bag.

When I was doing research I recall brucellosis being especially uncommon around upstate SC. Thousands of hogs are killed in this state every year and surprisingly few, if any, human cases are reported if i recall. Just be careful with the blood. Trichinella, on the other hand, far far more likely!