Any suggestions for a 300 WM Suppressor?

hflier

WKR
Thinking about taking the plunge on a suppressor for my 300 WM. Also would be used on a 6.5 Creedmore. Any suggestions on make/model would be appreciated. These are my two main hunting platforms. The 300 WM is a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Stainless (not yet threaded) and the 6.5 Creed is a Ruger Go Wild (already threaded).

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend the Silencerco Omega. Good up to 300 Win Mag. You can also get different adaptors for different threads and change it yourself. I have that as well as some Thunderbeast but if you want to change the threading on those you have to send them back for it.

ericF

WKR
Another vote for the Omega, but if it purely dedicated for hunting, then a Silencerco Harvester would also work great. Off the top of my head, the Omega is 2" shorter than the Harvester, but also 2 ounces heavier and fatter. As already mentioned, the Omega can swap from direct thread to a quick detach system and be used on an AR. You are going to pay about $300-$400 more for an Omega for the features and more durability since it can handle semiautomatic fire. I have 2 Harvesters and 1 Omega and the Harvesters are the cans that get hunting duty. You can also change the thread adapter on the Harvester to common thread pitches, but it doesn't do any quick detach like the Omega. Also both of them have built in brakes which help quite a bit with recoil. I love the combo because you get noise suppression and recoil reduction. The Omegas brake can be removed and you can go with a flat cap if you wanted, but the Harvester brake is permanent( one of those features that raises the price of the Omega).

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
All of my research pointed me to the Thunderbeast Ultra 7 in 30 cal as well. I have one thats been in jail for 7+ months. Planning on using it on my 30cal's and 6.5's.

You put that can on a Rum and you know why they cost more. The Omega and Harvester are nice but are louder and have more POI shift than the Ultra 7, IME. I am interested in trying one of the new Gunwerks 6” cans.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I have a Suppressed Armament Arbiter Titanium that I use on multiple rifles. It works well. That said, I'll probably try a Thunderbeast when I buy another can.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a SilencerCo Harvester for the past 3 years on a number of my rifles from .223 up to .300win mag and I have had zero complaints about it and it's a joy to shoot.

You might also take a look at the newly launched Gunwerks 6 and 8 that debuted recently. From what I've heard, they're going to be a quality suppressor as well and designed primarily for hunting.

skierhs

WKR
I would look at thunderbeast. For accuracy and suppression they can’t be beat. I’ve emailed them at 10pm and still gotten back a email within a half hour. I can’t speak highly enough of them. The draw back is they’re pricey (1k range). They’re also titanium so they’re super light weight.

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
Two years in on my harvester, shooting a max change 16.5” 270 and a max charge 7mag. Combination of weight, performance and the recoild reduction...its hard to beat. My 7mag feels like a 223 with it.

Blew the can up once, they fixed it for free. Silencerco stands behind their stuff, even if you managed to have a baffle strike.

m274

WKR
Get the Thunderbeast Ultra in 7 or 9" length. Have an Ultra 9 for my 6.5CM and that is impressive. I was expecting a lot from my first suppressor and it over-delivered. I'm shooting sub 1/2 MOA groups out of my Tikka TAC A1 with the suppressor on it even with bulk American Gunner ammo.

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CRUX Arc 30 for mine. Very pleased with it. It's not the quietest but it definitely quiets it down and helped the felt recoil of the gun. I'm shooting it on a nosler m48 liberty that I had threaded. The only thing i dislike is that a can on a long barrel hunting rig makes the gun extremely long. It's pretty much a deer box blind rifle for me. i wouldn't want to carry it around anywhere.

Oldffemt

WKR
I only have one can for center fire rifle, a griffin recce7. I got it as an all around, can’t break it, cover all calibers can. It works well for that but weighs 16oz. On the plus side the taper mount is ti and only weighs 1oz. My next can will be a much lighter more hunting oriented model, probably an ultra 7. There are lots of lightweight compact options out now. And it seems like if you can be patient you can find really good deals.

rodney482

WKR
I will be using a Trash Panda on 6 diff rifles, including a 7mag. If its ever released from nfa jail

Nubs

FNG
I have had a Griffin PHS 300 for over 4 years. I have been very pleased with it and have several thousand rounds through it. I have been looking at getting their Sportsman suppressor.

The only complaint I have, is I wish the tapers were in front of the threads like on the Q suppressors. If I didnt have a bunch of taper mounts I'd probably look harder at Q. The guys at Q seem like a bunch of arrogant pricks also.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Oldffemt

WKR
I have had a Griffin PHS 300 for over 4 years. I have been very pleased with it and have several thousand rounds through it. I have been looking at getting their Sportsman suppressor.

The only complaint I have, is I wish the tapers were in front of the threads like on the Q suppressors. If I didnt have a bunch of taper mounts I'd probably look harder at Q. The guys at Q seem like a bunch of arrogant pricks also.

Have you had trouble with your suppressor getting stuck due to the mount design? I’ve never had an issue with mine and figured that was just a marketing line. Mine gets shot on ar’s mostly.

Nubs

FNG
Have you had trouble with your suppressor getting stuck due to the mount design? I’ve never had an issue with mine and figured that was just a marketing line. Mine gets shot on ar’s mostly.
No, I definitely knock some carbon off when I unscrew it after a day at the range tho. I honestly probably need to clean my mounts more often.