Any Tractor mechanics????

280Ackley

WKR
So I found and bought a 25HP diesel tractor off Craigslist for a screaming deal. (I think and hope!) The guy I bought it from said he thinks it needs a throw out bearing but I am not sure. The clutch pedal has no resistance up or down just flops around. You can start it in gear and drive it no problem. I can also switch from 1st to reverse no problem. It’s a Ranch Hand brand that from what I can find online is a actually a Foton brand. Any help before I tear into it would be greatly appreciated!!

StorMay05

FNG
Not a tractor mechanic, but I’ve worked on a bunch and rebuilt some cars. Not enough info to say it’s a throw out bearing for sure. The floppy pedal could be a broken pedal return spring, or a it’s been disconnected from the clutch linkage.

Not familiar with those tractors but on all the fords ive worked on anything clutch related the tractor has to be split in half. Not really all that “involved” but if your not setup for it it could be a real chore

Iron pig

Lil-Rokslider
Shouldn't flop around, Your pedal return all the way up when released? If not, Should be around a 1/2" spring under the dash connected to the Pedal, Has nothing to do with the clutch other than keeping your pedal up.

The Linkage connecting your clutch pedal to the Release fork (Release fork is what pushes on the throwout bearing) should be connected thru the bellhousing on rear of engine, Check this is connected, if the linkage is flopping around, Probably not connected. There should also be a small spring (3/8") holding your release fork tight against the Linkage, this will be connected from fork to bellhousing.

As your clutch wears, you have to/Should adjust your linkage to keep clearances tight so they dont become disconnected. Doubt the throwout bearing is the problem as there is no where for it to go as it sits on the transmission shaft that is splined into your clutch plate. you may have a damaged release fork, as most of the smaller engines have one that is stamped out of steel, if someone mashed on the clutch, might have damaged this

Check around the bellhousing, should be am inspection cover.

1607033673555.png

Hope this helps

PNWGATOR

WKR
If you’re in North Idaho and end up needing a mechanic, I’ve had fantastic service from Casey Brackett of Mobile Compact Tractor Services. Have used him twice and referred him to friends who’ve also had excellent service.

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider

OP
280Ackley

280Ackley

WKR
Thanks guys. I had a chance to look it over a bit tonight and I think I found the issue. The roll pin in the red circle was sheared off on both sides. Hoping for a $0.50 fix!!!!!0C2506B7-C330-474B-8ED9-85B40074851F.jpeg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds like a snowmobile ad that says "was running two years ago when I parked it, probably just needs the carbs cleaned and it'll run great"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
280Ackley

280Ackley

WKR
Not at all. They guy who sold it was selling it as a parts tractor. He wasn’t mechanical and thought whoever bought would have to split it in half to replace the clutch and throw out bearing. Me liking projects and needing a tractor bought it. Just got lucky that it was external $0.50 fix not an intern $1,000-$2,000 fix.

Wrench

WKR
If you have tech questions, the tractor dealer in Chewelah, WA built and sold a bunch of those.

elkguide

WKR
Still enjoying your awesome tractor find?
For that price, I'd say that if it has lasted the year and been used..... you got your money out of it and anything more puts you ahead of the game!

OP
280Ackley

280Ackley

WKR
Unfortunately I am not but the new owner of that place is!! We relocated due to conflicts with my adopted girls bio family this summer. The new place is in town so didn’t need it anymore. I used the crap out of it for the year I had it, then sold it at a pretty profit to the people that bought our house. Made enough to pay for the build of my .338 Norma!!!