Any UFC fans on here?

If there are, how are you taking the turmoil with UFC 249? It appears the universe just doesn't want to make this fight happen. Everything from bad weight cut, stepping on a power cord, and now a global pandemic keeping Khabib locked down in Russia. Crossing my fingers they just postpone it, but the way things are looking I think this may be the last time they book it. What a shame...

lif

WKR
Huge fan. It appears that Dana White is In an arm wrestling match with god over this fight. Dana will let them fight in his living room if he has to at this point. He won’t take no for an answer.

OP
D
Driving me nuts. I've wanted to see this fight for a while. Its holding up the whole division. They need this fight to get done so they can figure out what to do with Gaethje as well.

Now they are saying Gaethje might be a replacement for Khabib. Yeah that is a fight I would watch, but the only reason they didn't postpone this event already is because Khabib Tony is such a huge fight!

.... this fight has to happen.... we need it, we’ve needed it for years..... I wana see Ngannou be Rosenstruik too, that fight man someone is getting detached from our realm

ODB

WKR
I used to be a huge UFC fan, then a very good friend died due to an injury he sustained while doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and that was that...can’t watch people beat the crap out of each other any more.

Last edited:
OP
D
I used to be a huge UFC fan, then a very good friend died due to an injury he sustained while doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and that was that...can’t watch people beat the crap out of each other any more.

Sorry to hear that man, that's something you don't hear everyday.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Well Conors is in as the replacement, looks like a fights gonna happen just not the one they planned

oake

Lil-Rokslider
No April Fools, as I read it Mcgregor has to pass some physicals tomorrow then it’s a done deal

7Bartman

WKR
Really wanted to see that fight. I can see Dana seeing the money signs now, with everyone stuck at home looking to watch McGregor X Khabib #2. I'm nowhere near as interested as I'm to see Ferg vs. Khabib.

7Bartman

WKR
Dang man, if you don't mind me asking what happened to your friend? I've been around the game for a while now and I've seen some serious injuries, but nothing life-threatening. Neck injury?

ODB

WKR
Dang man, if you don't mind me asking what happened to your friend? I've been around the game for a while now and I've seen some serious injuries, but nothing life-threatening. Neck injury?

He and his training partner were practicing the Bow and Arrow (a move I had never heard of) and he sustained micro-tearing on his carotid artery. Those little tears started throwing clots that built up and turned into a massive stroke. It was a delayed reaction, which really confused the whole situation. He left the gym apparently feeling fine, then stopped by the DMV and waited in his car. He must have started feeling bad/dizzy because he laid the seat back and at some point vomited. A lady walked by and saw him and thought he was having a seizure. After I heard about him being taken to the hospital, I called the gym and got his partners phone number. When I asked him what they were doing and he told me the Bow and Arrow, I looked it up and thought, “oh shit.” The damage was so slight that it took several days for the ME to even find out what happened. There was nothing obvious, it was almost microscopic damage. He was essentially brain dead when he got to the hospital. He lasted about 4 days before they turned off the machines. His wife was one of my wife’s best friends, and who we named our daughter after. He was a great guy that we all miss terribly, especially my daughter - she was 6 when he died. It’s been almost 8 years now and still is so sad to think about.