Any UFC fans on here?

cursed fight indeed... Tony and Conor is another fight that has to happen, it doesn't suck.

what's up with Jon Jones? he in trouble again?

jfs82

WKR
That's absolutely heartbreaking. I spent a lot of years in and around that game, training, fighting and training fighters. Brutal injuries are part of it but that's truly tragic.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I have to get the hook out of my mouth. Your right I went back and reread the article and it was clearly a parody piece. I'm blaming it on the corona....

I apologize for anyone I got fired up about a Mcgregor v Ferguson fight - it was in fact an April Fool's

7Bartman

WKR
He and his training partner were practicing the Bow and Arrow (a move I had never heard of) and he sustained micro-tearing on his carotid artery. Those little tears started throwing clots that built up and turned into a massive stroke. It was a delayed reaction, which really confused the whole situation. He left the gym apparently feeling fine, then stopped by the DMV and waited in his car. He must have started feeling bad/dizzy because he laid the seat back and at some point vomited. A lady walked by and saw him and thought he was having a seizure. After I heard about him being taken to the hospital, I called the gym and got his partners phone number. When I asked him what they were doing and he told me the Bow and Arrow, I looked it up and thought, “oh shit.” The damage was so slight that it took several days for the ME to even find out what happened. There was nothing obvious, it was almost microscopic damage. He was essentially brain dead when he got to the hospital. He lasted about 4 days before they turned off the machines. His wife was one of my wife’s best friends, and who we named our daughter after. He was a great guy that we all miss terribly, especially my daughter - she was 6 when he died. It’s been almost 8 years now and still is so sad to think about.
Sorry to hear that. I've been around the BJJ game for quite a while and I had to look up the bow and arrow choke. I still wonder if your buddy had underlying atherosclerosis or some type of congenital collagen disorder. Odd for a choke to cause that much damage to the carotids, which are usually pliable.

Last edited:

ODB

WKR

Sorry to hear that. I've been around the BJJ game for quite a while and I had to look up the bow and arrow choke. I still wonder if you're buddy had underlying atherosclerosis or some type of congenital collagen disorder. Odd for a choke to cause that much damage to the carotids, which are usually pliable.

No underlying conditions anyone was aware of, very healthy 32 year old guy. Nothing else showed up on the ME report and that guy (or the team) were looking at everything. As a matter of fact it took so long to establish cause of death that they could not harvest his organs, which is one thing he always said he wanted to have happen.

lif

WKR
No underlying conditions anyone was aware of, very healthy 32 year old guy. Nothing else showed up on the ME report and that guy (or the team) were looking at everything. As a matter of fact it took so long to establish cause of death that they could not harvest his organs, which is one thing he always said he wanted to have happen.
That’s terrible man. Sorry for the loss.

seiowabow

FNG
Way bummed over this! I actually went to Vegas in 17 to see this fight and Khabib pulled out due to a bad weight cut. It's cursed!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gaethje is very possibly stealing the Khabib fight, which will be a crazy good fight too. i'm surprised Tony took this fight, it's the most dangerous opponent style-wise for Tony, but I guess if he can't get through Gaethje, he wouldn't get through Khabib either.

stoked for Gaethje, I think he is the best one to fill in for this fight, and he is exciting to watch.... every single minute of every fight he's in. I like it, but if Gaethje wins, McGregor may as well just retire, or drop back down to 145, haha.... he don't want to fight Gaethje, even if he thinks he does.... he's hard to put away, and he doesn't slow down, and constant pressure.... bad combo for Conor

seiowabow

FNG
Gaethje is very possibly stealing the Khabib fight, which will be a crazy good fight too. i'm surprised Tony took this fight, it's the most dangerous opponent style-wise for Tony, but I guess if he can't get through Gaethje, he wouldn't get through Khabib either.

stoked for Gaethje, I think he is the best one to fill in for this fight, and he is exciting to watch.... every single minute of every fight he's in. I like it, but if Gaethje wins, McGregor may as well just retire, or drop back down to 145, haha.... he don't want to fight Gaethje, even if he thinks he does.... he's hard to put away, and he doesn't slow down, and constant pressure.... bad combo for Conor
I think the exact same. Gaethje is a great wrestler and lives to brawl. Tony has been known to get hit and dropped early on. I think Justin catches him and wins early.

I think the exact same. Gaethje is a great wrestler and lives to brawl. Tony has been known to get hit and dropped early on. I think Justin catches him and wins early.

I agree, will be pretty damn surprised if Tony pulls off the win..... I have been wanting to see Khabib/Gaethje for a long time, Gaethje is the only one I think has a solid chance at beating Khabib, and he does have a very good chance with his mentality and conditioning, as well as his background..... that's the fight i'm interested in.

OP
D
I agree, will be pretty damn surprised if Tony pulls off the win..... I have been wanting to see Khabib/Gaethje for a long time, Gaethje is the only one I think has a solid chance at beating Khabib, and he does have a very good chance with his mentality and conditioning, as well as his background..... that's the fight i'm interested in.

I think Tony also has a good chance with Khabib. His cardio is much better than Gaethje (which Gaethje has said) and that is necessary to fight a guy like Khabib. I was really hoping to see him do some work with some elbows from the bottom against Khabib. This fight will be more exciting for sure however! Gaethje doesn't wrestle-hump his opponents for a win, he puts them to sleep!

KurtR

WKR
That’s the problem when you get in bed with the likes of Disney and espn. They call the shots now. Used to get ppv often but since the espn garbage I’m out and just watch the next day. The glory years of spike and good ol ppvs were good times

Scottyboy

WKR
That’s the problem when you get in bed with the likes of Disney and espn. They call the shots now. Used to get ppv often but since the espn garbage I’m out and just watch the next day. The glory years of spike and good ol ppvs were good times

Agreed. When Dana said (and I’m paraphrasing). “I was told to stand down from the top of the top at ESPN”. As if ESPN’s prices weren’t bad enough to watch the fights, this solidifies I will never pay for a fight again.