Any Watch Nerds to point me?

JiminAZ

FNG
Seiko Baby Ice Monster on my wrist right now. Mechanical. Gets tons of compliments and questions.
Also have a Seiko Prospex real dive watch, solar powered.
And a little cheapo Seiko field watch SNK803 with an upgraded leather band. Lightweight and unobtrusive.
Covers the bases for me and less than $600 total invested across 3 watches.

Seiko Baby Ice Monster on my wrist right now. Mechanical. Gets tons of compliments and questions.
Also have a Seiko Prospex real dive watch, solar powered.
And a little cheapo Seiko field watch with an upgraded leather band.
Covers the bases for me and less than $600 total invested across 3 watches.
Love the ice monster (miss the one I got rid of years ago).

smithjd

FNG
Damasko DA-46. Damasko case with ETA movement. Looks like Damasko only uses their own movements now and don’t make this model anymore.

Austink47

WKR
Missed your part about bronze watches. There are a few excellent options:

The Bronze King is the Tudor Black Bay Bronze (I have this watch and LOVE it)... it is a big watch at 43mm. https://www.chrono24.com/tudor/blac...e&query=Tudor+Black+Bay+Bronze&goal_suggest=1

The Bronze Prince is Glycine: https://www.chrono24.com/glycine/bronze--cm18.htm

And Christopher Ward just released some new Bronze options: https://www.christopherward.com/int/new-watches?prefn1=WCaseMaterial&prefv1=Bronze&start=0&sz=12 <---the trident second hand is very cool
The glycine combat sub is a great watch and one of the best values I have found in something Swiss made. I absolutely love mine as do several of my buddies that have them. And it is available in bronze. There are some good deals out there especially on the grey/used market.

ChemE

FNG
I'm 50. Don't have a watch. Guess I do...Wife gifted me her Garmin Fenix something when she upgraded. But I'd like a real watch. For sure have a budget. Probably top top is $700. $500 more realistic.

I am a knife nerd. It would take me YEARS to dive into watches. More nerdy than Nife Nerds. I like custom scales. And am OCD about my shit matching. Yes...embarassing. But that's where I am finding myself at retirement age.

I want a heavy, robust watch that looks decent but can take every day wear and tear. In a short invesigation I've already learned it's not a watch band, it's a "bracelet". And I am floored there is so much nomenclature around a F'ing watch. Lugs, Bracelets, geeeesh. I'd love a bronze watch with bronze bracelet. But a subdued stainless, Ti or whatever...who knows. Bigger is better. XL hands and large wrist. Seeing that maybe 42mm is where I would end up? Not looking for LumberSexual, Metro svelt watch

Where it's made is a huge deal. Anti China. Anyone but China.

Since I have a budget, where do I even begin?
I collect Emerson knives and I like wat
FB_IMG_1645202426288.jpgFB_IMG_1631377868134.jpgFB_IMG_1641757494470.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647523478253.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647523478253.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 7