any whitewater fans out there?

Jkr61

FNG
Have been rafting for about 13 years- Grand Canyon, gates of Lodore, cataract, main salmon and others. We have a permit for gates of Lodore again this year- 3rd year in a rowšŸ˜ƒ. Going to extend it by a few days and launch further upstream to do some fishing. Got a new family hooked a few years ago now 3 of us just booked with larry for a 2025 moose raft hunt

sneaky

"DADDY"
cervid
I was talking to a guy that was putting on marsh creek to get to the middle fork of the salmon for a bear hunt. so yes it does happen. I keep putting in for a california bighorn in oregon. I would use my raft.
Jet boats are used alot on the snake for all kinds of hunting.

headwatersmike
that is some stumpy water, sorry to hear about your buds. It is funny you say that about dirt biking. I have been in quite a few avalanches with my snowmobile. I do believe surfing the slide out on the sled saved my life a few times. The notion of moving with out going anywhere got my attention a few times in the winter. (you know the slide is starting).
Middle Fork of the Salmon is permit only, that's the hardest part, getting the permit. I grew up on the Ocoee back in TN. Actually, I grew up in Ocoee, but just about 10 min from the river lol. I've lost several friends on rivers from the SE to Canada.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The govt screws most everything they touch lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SMOKYMTN

WKR
Iā€™m an avid kayak angler but not white water, although I do live in shadows of the Green River Narrows here in NC which I hear is some of the best around, canā€™t confirm though.

Razz

FNG
Nestled between the Tetons & the Big Holes
Have done some day trips in the past and did the Middle Fork last fall with friends, late Sept.Water was low and it was a bit boney. Caught the bug and got a 14ā€™ NRS in the off season. Was on the main Salmon near Shoup for two days last week. Hit a weather window perfectly, hot and sunny. River came up 6ā€ overnight from the runoff.

How does one get 3 Lodore permits in a row!?

I have wanted to combine rafting/hunting ever since seeing the CO muley Meateater episode. I know thatā€™s over the top corny, but the idea hadnā€™t really occurred to me before.