Any Wisconsin bowhunter looking to join our elk camp!

Lpm_60X

FNG
Anyone preferably from Wisconsin looking to join a last minute elk camp. My best friends partner has recently dropped out with not much time left to really find anybody. I’d hunt with him but I’m hunting with my dad.
Our dates are leaving September 19th and be home on the 30th. This is our second year hitting an otc unit. We are driving two vehicles, so whoever would like to tag along would ride with that way there isn’t any complications of said person that may get tired or want to leave. Please don’t say you’re interested if you can’t handle per say hunt or terrain. Because we aren’t leaving.
My friend is a lineman for alliant energy is in excellent excellent shape, and all around great guy as a hunting partner. You would not be disappointed. No promises on this hunt as far as success, everyone knows these otc units are tough, can be crowded, frustrating, you name it. But we will try like hell. Also be prepared to possibly move camp to a new location if ones not worth the time
Camp is a 10x12 wall tent with wood stove. Also running a nice kitchen for dinner. All you need is your cot and personal items, we have the rest under control.
Ultimately my best friend is looking for as well someone to spilt some cost with, food, gas, a hotel once or twice while said destination. We all split all dinner and major food items as a group of four and make it affordable, and whatever personal snacks and drinks you want is on you! We also Usually get a hotel first night in Colorado. Get up early grab groceries and head to setup camp, and usually get one on the way back home.
really looking to hear from anyone serious about going. And making some new friends along the way. Again success is never guaranteed, no secret spots, just pure putting in the work like anyone else.

Look forward to hearing from you! And can go into more depth on any questions/exchange numbers and answer anything you may have.

That's a hell of a first post! Somehow, I want to hear more.
Where are you guys from? Ages? What altitude are you looking at?
Any success in that area previously?

OP
Lpm_60X

Lpm_60X

FNG
Too bad this wasn't for next year! Rifle hunting this season then back to archery next.
I’ll let you know if we need a guy again next year! Not everyone wants to go every year. And hard getting people to go, they only want to go if you have one tied up to a tree for them to shoot.

Man wish I could find time for this I went last year but I'm in Michigan, we tagged one opening day message me if it's the unit or close I'll give ya some pins to work off

OP
Lpm_60X

Lpm_60X

FNG
Man wish I could find time for this I went last year but I'm in Michigan, we tagged one opening day message me if it's the unit or close I'll give ya some pins to work off
Man wish I could find time for this I went last year but I'm in Michigan, we tagged one opening day message me if it's the unit or close I'll give ya some pins to work
Send me a message if you could, won’t let me send one because I’m a new user! I’ve been able to reply to others messages just can’t seem to initiate a message.

h2so4

WKR
I met some Wisconsin hunters last year in an OTC. I about fell out of their chair laughing so hard after a few long days on the trail. They were awesome guys. If any Wisconsin guys hunted central CO OTC, camped next to a creek, had amazing wild rice, huge coolers of beer and caught chimpmunks to make fur sheaths out of- please PM me.

OP
Lpm_60X

Lpm_60X

FNG
I met some Wisconsin hunters last year in an OTC. I about fell out of their chair laughing so hard after a few long days on the trail. They were awesome guys. If any Wisconsin guys hunted central CO OTC, camped next to a creek, had amazing wild rice, huge coolers of beer and caught chimpmunks to make fur sheaths out of- please PM me.
Wouldn’t be from Wisconsin without a cooler of beer!

h2so4

WKR
Wouldn’t be from Wisconsin without a cooler of beer!
These guys had multiple, huge coolers. A Hot water heater for their outdoor shower. And not some bag hanging from a tree, but an actual pump and heater for the shower. it was legit.

Jeremy_D

FNG
This post makes me proud to be from Wisconsin. Wish I seen it sooner and was 15 years younger and 50 pounds lighter. Good luck have fun!