Anybdy want to have an experienced hunter join them on their gen hunt in WY next year

willy

FNG
I'm just throwing this out there. I figure it can't hurt but only help all involved in the hunt if it happens. If you have never gone elk hunting in WY but plan to, this perhaps might be a good way to start out your elk hunting story.

I recently turned 50 and have been to WY 7 times to hunt elk. The past five were in the same unit, same relative area. I have taken an elk six of seven times including the past five times. The last four times I targeted bulls and was successful.

I used up my three points for a general last year(two didn't get it done for me the year prior) and with the way it is going it will be some time before I get drawn again especially now since I can't buy a point to go with my app this year.

What I am proposing is that if somebody is willing to add me into their sportsmen group that is or has entered the special general draw I would be all in, in sharing my experience, knowledge, and camp. I would pay all my own fees and costs but have no points to add to the pp total. In order for one to get drawn this year in the special I believe it will take at least a point. So if your math shows me being added to your group and the point total averages at least one, please consider this opportunity. Basically I want to go elk hunting while I am still able to (health wise).

I don't have horses, stay in a tent, pack out the animals on my back, and generally leave in the dark and come back in the dark when hunting to give you an idea of my style and work involved.

Outdoor forums are the only social media I take part in and that is not at a high level either.

If you are interested please pm me with questions and such to see if this would be a good fit for you.

Sincerely,

Willy

bsnedeker

WKR
Good luck brother, you sound like a good guy to have around! I'll be back in MT hunting general elk but really want to give WY a shot I've if these days... goes id better start buying some points.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
W

willy

FNG
bsnedeker,

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully that's true. Good luck with your MT elk hunt. There's no better time to start the point race than now or I mean when they open it up to buy points:)

I should have added this in my first post. The only hunting I have done is rifle however I am not opposed to archery, It just never worked out for my buddy to get time off for both options. He ended up only being able to go for rifle so I chose not to go it alone. No regrets.

tntrker

WKR
Good luck! I went on my 1st Elk & Muley last year in MT. Getting points this year and next for a 2021 Wy hunt.

If I had another point I'd be all over this. I mule deer hunted in a General elk unit last year and saw enough bulls to fire me up and buy a point! lol