Anybody apply for AZ yet?

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Just sent off my Arizona application! I don’t have a chance in hell to draw what I applied for, but it got me wondering. Any of you guys putting in think you have a good chance to draw your desired tag and go hunting this year?

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
I put in for Rocky Mt BH with one point. I have a chance, a small one, but a chance

I should get a deer tag for coues and probably a turkey tag. Bison is another long shot

i apply for deer elk and sheep every year. i currently have 3 points. hopefully i will be on the strip this November!

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
The last time and only time I hunted in AZ, the Kaibab was OTC and we got there a week after the season opened because we were elk hunting down south and tagged out. The deer were skittish and there were hunters everywhere, but I had a blast for a couple days. That was 20 years ago, 1999.

This year for the first time since then I applied for two tags I have no chance to get back up on the Kaibab, well a minute chance but I decided to start building points while I still have a chance at a hunt or two before I can't do it. Someone's gotta draw them.

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
Just bonus points this year as I won't be able to hunt my early archery elk tag AND deer. OTC in December it is for Muley's

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, I put in for Muley (1st choice) and Coues (2-5) and sheep. Just got points for everything else

excaliber

WKR
Just a Bonus pt for Elk this year. I plan on hunting in 2020 or 2021 for Elk as I'll have 19 or 20 pts. I Did apply for Deer but that's a lottery winning type tag.

RoJo

WKR
I applied for deer in the same unit I drew a late bull elk tag for. I figure I can hunt deer and scout elk on the same trip, and maybe even pick up a bear tag if bear is still open in that unit. And I applied for desert sheep with my 21 points.

Just the Kaibab, not likely to draw. It’s a busy year so I was going to put in for point only but figured it’s been a good year for rain, so I might as well. If I somehow draw I’ll probably go fast and light solo. Also put in for bighorn but the odds are too low to worry about

Who ever draws a tag is going to have a bomber year. the growth should be amazing. The wife and I put in for Coues but the mulies are looking good :)

RoJo

WKR
Oh, and anybody planning to hunt 24B, it is in the process of getting a huge makeover. The Woodbury Fire is transforming the Superstitions in a very big way as I type this.