Anybody Bought Anything from the thegunshopne.com?

EastMT

WKR
I was looking at a gun on thegunshopne.com and wondering if this place is legit or a scam. Anyone bought from them?

Every single hard to find rifle is “in stock”. I’d lean towards scam, but need more info. Reminds me of the dude in Texas that was ripping everyone off, always in stock, then back ordered after paid

robtattoo

WKR
According to their directions to the shop, it takes you to either the post office, bar, or American Legion post.

I'm 99.99999% sure it's a scam

robtattoo

WKR
Screenshot_20220104-165409_Chrome.jpg

Red flag-tacular.......

Google Street view shows nothing resembling a retail location for them. Massage parlor, tax accountant, bank, bar & American Legion, what looks to be a nik-nack shop & a hardware store.

No gun shop.

The question comes up often as more and more scam sites are created. Here's a test that you can apply. I don't do business if they raise any red flags.

Phone Number: Is there a phone number prominently displayed on their home page. Red Flag if there is not.

Address: Do they have a physical address posted? If not Red Flag. If they do have an address, what does it look like on Google street view or satellite map? Red Flag if it doesn't look like a business.

Inventory: Do they have a lot of hard to find stuff or too good to be true pricing? Red Flag if they do.

Business History: When you Google the business name with the words review and complaint, what do you find? Little footprint or a lot of negative reviews or BBB complaints is a red flag.

Payment Method: Crypto, Venmo, Pay Pal friends and family only? Red Flag.

Site Language: Do you notice language errors or irregularities? Red Flag if there are errors and oddities.

I came across a similar site selling Sitka gear for about 1/3 of anyone else. Address was a high rise in Manhattan with no phone number. Be careful out there.

DuckDogDr

WKR
thanks for posting / asking I came across this site myself and thought I had gotten lucky finding a Barrett Fieldcraft in 6mm creed

As I put in the cart got an alert that said hurry up and buy as 9 have sold in the past hour. … I just closed out of the site after that

Mogulsv

FNG
thanks for posting / asking I came across this site myself and thought I had gotten lucky finding a Barrett Fieldcraft in 6mm creed

As I put in the cart got an alert that said hurry up and buy as 9 have sold in the past hour. … I just closed out of the site after that
don't do it! TOTAL Scam!!! they might email you back, but that's it. well documented by the BBB.