Anybody else have bad experience with B&H Photo

I’ve had good luck buying optics and camera gear. Big bonus for me they ship to Canada and show Canadian prices which is nice.

OP
Youngbuck

Youngbuck

FNG
Wanted to let everyone know what happened.

So when I placed my order online, I was at work, and don't have signal inside. Since it was my first order from B&H, my order was forwarded to their verification dept. When they called to verify, it didn't go through, and they canceled the order. Although it was an inconvenience, I guess it is a good business practice, due to all of the fraud going on. The guy I spoke to on the phone wouldn't give me any info due to the order being marked as fraud. (Still didn't like his attitude)

After making this thread, I was contacted by member @henryp , and he was very helpful and explained what happened and he got my order pushed through. I also received an email from someone else apologizing and explaining what happened.

Just thought I'd let everyone know the outcome. I'd have no hesitation to order from them again. I will say for any first time buyers, keep your phone nearby after ordering, because they will likely call or email the verify your order.

jspradley

WKR
I can't remember if they called me when I placed my first order or not...it was a camera so they probably did and I just don't remember.

B&H has always been legit for me but I do plan on making my next purchase through Camera Land, not for anything against B&H but for all the support and info Joel gives to Roksliders!

pkahnke

FNG
Have bought a ton of items from them...other than dealing with their being closed for all of the holidays it’s always been a good experience

I can't remember if they called me when I placed my first order or not...it was a camera so they probably did and I just don't remember.

B&H has always been legit for me but I do plan on making my next purchase through Camera Land, not for anything against B&H but for all the support and info Joel gives to Roksliders!
Thank you. We always do the best we can for members here. Happy to help out and sponsor this awesome forum