anybody ever had Shane (ontarget7) up in Windsor, CO, tune their bows?

I have heard incredible reviews about Shane (ontarget7) up in Windsor, CO, and his tuning prowess. He takes the time to do just about every method of tuning possible..paper, unfletched arrow, walk back, and broadhead tunings. Many who have used him have picked up quite a bit of speed.

I like my new bow a lot and like the shop that sold it to me...but they don't have the time to do a full, comprehensive tuning. I am going to get Shane to super tune my new bow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've exchanged several conversations with him regarding tuning, arrow selection etc. he is a very intelligent guy that is willing to go the extra mile for people. He cares about archery and being the best he can at it I will tell you that. I wouldn't be afraid to let him tune my bow.

ontarget7

WKR
I have heard incredible reviews about Shane (ontarget7) up in Windsor, CO, and his tuning prowess. He takes the time to do just about every method of tuning possible..paper, unfletched arrow, walk back, and broadhead tunings. Many who have used him have picked up quite a bit of speed.

I like my new bow a lot and like the shop that sold it to me...but they don't have the time to do a full, comprehensive turning. I am going to get Shane to super tune my new bow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to meeting you Saturday.

Thanks guys
Shane

Nice forum by the way

OP
Bowhuntr64
I've exchanged several conversations with him regarding tuning, arrow selection etc. he is a very intelligent guy that is willing to go the extra mile for people. He cares about archery and being the best he can at it I will tell you that. I wouldn't be afraid to let him tune my bow.

Yeah, he has quite the reputation on Archery Talk. People rave about his help.

vcb

WKR
Cool, I didn't know about Shane in Windsor. Man that's only 20 minutes from the house. Good to know

ontarget7

WKR
Cool, I didn't know about Shane in Windsor. Man that's only 20 minutes from the house. Good to know

Maybe we could get together and shoot a little. I have only been in Colorado about 8 month now. Actually work in Boulder for the most part. Even did a small job in your neck of the woods in Erie.

OP
Bowhuntr64
Just got back from taking my bow to Shane (Ontarget7) and I am so glad I did. He is a great guy. Super knowledgeable and personable and takes a lot of time to tune each bow as he would his own. I highly recommend his expert services.

vcb

WKR
Shane sounds good. I am stepping out of town for a week but when I get back I will PM ya. I belong to St. Vrain archery just off Hwy 119 and I-25. It's a cool range, nothing fancy but has about 40 3d's to shoot. Hey 64, your invited as well of course!

OP
Bowhuntr64
Shane sounds good. I am stepping out of town for a week but when I get back I will PM ya. I belong to St. Vrain archery just off Hwy 119 and I-25. It's a cool range, nothing fancy but has about 40 3d's to shoot. Hey 64, your invited as well of course!

Thanks vcb. I really appreciate it.

ontarget7

WKR
Just got back from taking my bow to Shane (Ontarget7) and I am so glad I did. He is a great guy. Super knowledgeable and personable and takes a lot of time to tune each bow as he would his own. I highly recommend his expert services.

Thanks again John for the trip you made. It was nice talking with you and will keep you posted on the progress of your bow being tuned.

Shane

ontarget7

WKR
Here is your set up and specs bro. This one put up some really good numbers and an equivalent IBO of 344-345 fps
72# 26.5" draw 371 gr arrow @ 299-300 fps

Thanks bro.

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 79
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 72
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 74
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 76
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 72
OP
Bowhuntr64
Here is your set up and specs bro. This one put up some really good numbers and an equivalent IBO of 344-345 fps
72# 26.5" draw 371 gr arrow @ 299-300 fps

Thanks bro.

This fires me up!!! My bow is looking good and shooting fast! I never thought I would shoot a smooth drawing 26.5" dl bow at 300 fps! Thanks for your great work, Shane. Big props to Shane! If you are not getting this kind of speed from your Spyder, or other bows for that matter, do yourself a favor and consider sending it to Shane. He is a tuning wizard!

ontarget7

WKR
This fires me up!!! My bow is looking good and shooting fast! I never thought I would shoot a smooth drawing 26.5" dl bow at 300 fps! Thanks for your great work, Shane. Big props to Shane! If you are not getting this kind of speed from your Spyder, or other bows for that matter, do yourself a favor and consider sending it to Shane. He is a tuning wizard!

I will say bro, yours is officially the fastest one so far. They are generally running 339-342 IBO but you are steady in the 343-345 range.

Thanks again and look forward to you picking this sweet shooter up
Shane

OP
Bowhuntr64
Just picked up my bow from Shane (Ontarget7). Talk about a new bow! The strings and cables look amazing and the bow feels completely different. The draw feels about 10# lighter, and the back wall is rock solid, and the valley is perfect, and almost no hand shock. Bare shaft is hitting exactly with my field points at 20 yards. Taking my bow to Shane was one of the best moves ever!