Anybody from CT going out west in 2020

Trying to set up a trip to go out west and hunt Elk this coming season not really set on the state just want to get out there and start new tradition. 28 years old in great shape and have all the equipment to either backpack hunt or day hunt from a base camp. Anyone else from the northeast heading out and need a hunting partner?

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Headed to CO. DIY public land archery elk back pack hunt. Reside in Michigan. I have hunted elk in Idaho, Washington State, Idaho, Colorado and Michigan.

Trial153

WKR
After i get back from alaska in August i will most like elk hunt the last two weeks of sept. My plan is to carpet bomb everry archery tag i can hunt those weeks and hopfully draw something.

drxron

FNG
From MA and spend most of my time at my place in VT, but would love to head out west. Made the drive last year just for sight seeing/fishing, but never made it out there to hunt.

Brendan

WKR
From MA and spend most of my time at my place in VT, but would love to head out west. Made the drive last year just for sight seeing/fishing, but never made it out there to hunt.
I've done it 5 times from near Boston to MT and WY. Not sure where I'm going this year yet, but pretty much a yearly affair for me...

East2West

FNG
Gotcha I just put in for general with 3, Idaho is my backup
I think you’ll probably draw WY
I don’t know why they didn’t just move the elk app deadline to April or may??

have you hunted Idaho before?
Seems like there might be less hunting pressure compared to CO

Brendan

WKR
I didn't apply to WY. I was just there though, so no Elk points for this year.

My apps are going to be NM, AZ for Elk. Potentially CO for Elk. Potentially AZ, CO, WY for deer. Don't want to draw multiple tags if I can help it, but at the same time there's a chance I draw nothing and end up looking for a hunt come this summer.

Personally, if I don't draw something I'm leaning towards an archery deer hunt in Alaska.

East2West

FNG
I didn't apply to WY. I was just there though, so no Elk points for this year.

My apps are going to be NM, AZ for Elk. Potentially CO for Elk. Potentially AZ, CO, WY for deer. Don't want to draw multiple tags if I can help it, but at the same time there's a chance I draw nothing and end up looking for a hunt come this summer.

Personally, if I don't draw something I'm leaning towards an archery deer hunt in Alaska.
Nice. How many WY deer points you have?