Anybody have experience with Skulls Unlimited?

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I have my first black bear skull that i want to get done but most of the local guys around me boil and I would prefer it to be beetle cleaned. I do my own deer, but I want to be extra careful with this one.

Anyone have experience with Skulls Unlimited in Oklahoma City?

I am a little nervous about shipping the skull with the heat. does anyone have any experience with this?

Also any other recommendations for skull cleaners welcome! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpg
    IMG_3652.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 37

LostArra

WKR
I've used Skulls Unlimited many times (deer). I live about 30 miles from the facility. You will not be disappointed. They do museum-quality work.

While fishing in Alaska I met a taxidermist there who sent all his bear skulls to Skulls Unlimited. They looked great.

I would call them about shipping. They get entire skeletons from all over the world.

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I can't recommend them enough. I've had a couple deer skulls done by them and it's excellent work. The lady even complimented my mule deer. Made me blush a little.

Use diapers on the skull when you ship. It works great.

Macerate it. Bears are easy to do, maceration is stinky but leaves the nasal cavity intact like beetles and you'll have it done long before you would get it back from any professional cleaners. Paint the teeth with polyurethane before whitening if you want to preserve discoloration in the teeth which I personally love with bears but never see any commercial skull cleaners offering that as a service.

Nice bear by the way!

Hello, this is Jim with Artiodactyla Trophy Services in Indian Hills, Colorado. I'd be happy to get that bear cleaned up and looking perfect for you. Call or text and we'll talk about it.
(303) 808 7902

Honyock

WKR
They did my black bear skull and it turned out awesome. Highly recommend Skulls Unlimited.

Attachments

• IMG_2237[129].jpg
    IMG_2237[129].jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
D.Blake

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up using Skulls Unlimited. Great turnaround, quick responsive customer service, and the skull looks absolutely fantastic. I have plenty of whitetail heads that done myself or had local guys do for me. This looks nothing like any skull I've ever seen. Truly museum quality!

I may start sending some whitetail skulls down there. With the size deer that I shoot, shipping should be pretty cheap..

Good to hear your experience went well. I've used them several times and always been very happy with the results.