Anybody “lose” their camp?

zacattack

WKR
Didn’t see this posted here yet. This would suck.

Attachments

• 6AEA0F56-62B4-4C1C-AFD5-9A1096D6B360.png
    6AEA0F56-62B4-4C1C-AFD5-9A1096D6B360.png
    694.9 KB · Views: 775

Beendare

WKR
This appears to have a twist.....

I've found a few camps cashed in the woods...it never occurred to me to mess with them.

Whatever happened to the "Do unto others....." rule?

_____

Cam Hanes did a fund raiser for a fellow like 5 years ago.
Someone took down and stole his entire camp 12 miles in a wilderness while he was hunting that day.
Believe it was snowing and he had to walk out with no food.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
yes, had a basecamp stolen back in 2001.
we had been spiked out for 3 days, in the elk, about 5 miles from base wall tent camp.
the thieves took everything but the tarp cover.
And damaged the lock mechanism on the truck w/topper left in camp too!
B_stards even left a note, tacked on cut wood in fire pit:
"thanks for the gear. Left some wood for a warming campfire".

We were happy to be packing back meat from 2 bulls...until we arrived back to camp via jeep and saw that basecamp was gone.
Kittitas County sheriff called, he showed up. Took a report, that was it.

Today base camp is surrounded by 3 game cams and 2 not so obvious, high end spy cams. 19 years later, leaves a bad feeling in all 3 of our guts. One partner, never packed a handgun,,,now does.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Why would you do that? Hopefully the guys weren’t out hunting for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoever took it probably was going to steal it and got cold feet, at least that would be my guess.

Bighorner

WKR
It would seems the worst possible people to steal from are armed individuals in the middle of BFE who may be coming back at any moment. I guess I have been giving criminals too much credit for their forethought.

brsnow

WKR
Hopefully it works and solid on seek outside for taking a proactive approach.

T28w

WKR
It would seems the worst possible people to steal from are armed individuals in the middle of BFE who may be coming back at any moment. I guess I have been giving criminals too much credit for their forethought.
I’ve thought the same. I mean could u not make an argument that you felt ur life could be in jeopardy if u came back to camp and everything is gone and a storm rolled in?

Mt Al

WKR
One obvious cell phone game camera and several concealed, with a note that "you're being watched", are almost a necessity. That or risk it being stolen, or carry it on your back. What a pain in the keester!

Opah

WKR
well I lost my whole camp but not to thieves or vandals or those who think they are doing the forest a service.
I drove off with my camp following behind me.
Strong winds the night before so I tied the tents tarp cover and table to my truck figuring it could blow away.
Next morning running a little later than I wanted, took off and wondered why my truck seemed like it didn't want to go. needless to say I didn't go hunting that morning

Jd259

WKR
Buddy of mine up in Wyoming pulled his camp this year before season because there stealing camps left and right up there he said and for the last 20+ years he’s set it up after the snow melts off in the high country and doesn’t pull it until the the end of season. Times are changing...

Buddy of mine up in Wyoming pulled his camp this year before season because there stealing camps left and right up there he said and for the last 20+ years he’s set it up after the snow melts off in the high country and doesn’t pull it until the the end of season. Times are changing...
That's sad.