Anybody run the MR Terraframe 80?

I got my 80 in the mail yesterday. Moosejaw had it on sale. After all the discounts and cash back it was right at $300. I think it will make a great pack for hunting. I looked at quite a few packs before settling on this one. Sure there is better stuff out there but I think for the price this is the best I could get.
Same guide lite MT frame and a meat shelf. I am also happy with the 330 cordura as well.

Im looking at the Terraframe 50-65-&80.
Most of my hunting is 3 days or less for whitetail but i do go on 5 day backpacking trips.Im favoring the 65 in black(wish they had green)but just not sure,is the 80 worth the extra weight when the 50 would work 75% of the time?

Im looking at the Terraframe 50-65-&80.
Most of my hunting is 3 days or less for whitetail but i do go on 5 day backpacking trips.Im favoring the 65 in black(wish they had green)but just not sure,is the 80 worth the extra weight when the 50 would work 75% of the time?

The 50 is a bigger solid color Pinter. Then the 65 is slightly smaller than the Metcalf and the 80 is slightly larger. Both IMO have a better lay out than the Metcalf because of the torpedo tubes on the back. Personally I wish I could get either the 65 or 80 bag on its own and put it on a Kifaru frame . The MR frame doesn’t have enough lift with more than 50 pounds or so for someone with a 21” or longer torso. It sort of works at 21 and longer the lifters are useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbraune

FNG
I purchased the 65 to use for weeklong hunting and fishing trips. Just finished a backcountry fishing trip and I've got to say, I was very impressed. I was carrying food and shelter for two for 5 days and had no complaints. As mentioned above, the 65 would be my pick. Big enough to haul everything you need, and small enough to force you to not over pack.

The terraframe pack is a solid pack and saves some money in the process, i got mine on sale for $$380. I covered lots of miles in some rugged Idaho backcountry with a loaded pack and was happy with how it performed.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
Gossip: Beartooth 80 will be available in Bag-Only in September

Any chance/rumor would the 65/80 be available in Bag-Only?

jpage1003

FNG
After a lot of back and forth, I think I am gonna go with the Terraframe 80 over a pack in their hunting lineup. My scenario is that I will use the pack primarily for 8 day hitches of wilderness/trail work, but also want a solid pack for backpack/packraft hunting. I wouldn’t mind the extra capacity and durability (and weight) of their Marshall pack, but the daypack design on the Terraframe just looks leaps and bounds more useful than the daypack on the Marshall, and that is a pretty important feature with how I’m using the pack. If Fingers crossed the Terraframe will endure the abuse I plan on putting it through. I will update what it looks like after 80+ days in the field. If anyone has more to say about the durability or daypack difference between the Terraframe and Marshall, please chime in!

Here is some follow up after a season running the Terraframe 80. I used it to pack out 2 elk and a moose. 2 of those trips had 80 and 110 lbs in the pack. Fortunately those pack outs were not that long. It looks almost as good today as it did when I first got it. I also used it on a handful of overnight campouts on scouting trips. This has been a great bag.

Attachments

• terraframe 80 after 1 season.jpg
    terraframe 80 after 1 season.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 66
  • terraframe 80.jpg
    terraframe 80.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 66

EmperorMA

WKR
I have a TerraFrame 65 with Guide Light MT Frame. Great pack that is plenty durable with the lighter material.

I got it because even though I could afford the Beartooth, I really do not need a pack that large. My hunts are never more than three days out (usually day hunts from basecamp) and my backpacking trips are never more than five days. I just don't need to carry all the extra stuff, and leaving some of it at home is good for my old knees!

I do like the panel-loading access and organization of the Beartooth and Sawtooth. In fact, I tried real hard to convince myself that I could stretch a Sawtooth to do everything I need, but in the end I had to admit I needed a 65L pack. I am glad I didn't go with an 80L pack, as well. I am also very familiar with the layout of the TerraFrame as I have schlepped over a bunch of mountains carrying a Dana Designs Terraplane when I had more time on my hands. It is hard to believe in this day and age of technology, but the design of the bag is still one of the best out there.

I picked up a camo Pintler bag-only and run it on the same frame for my day hunts. It is a fantastic daypack. However, if the Sawtooth would have been available bag-only, I would have went with that just for the extra bit of organization and the cool factor.

jpage1003

FNG
I used the Terraframe 80 for a season and a half of wilderness trail work. Most trips were 8 day backpacking trips starting at around 60 lbs of gear and tools, occasionally more. The pack held up great and was very comfortable the entire time. Never had a chance or reason to use the overload feature, but I’m glad it’s there both for work and play. The torpedo pockets are a great lay out. The only piece I’m not stoked on is the brain because it is small and only has one pocket. I know they built it with the idea of using the straps from the main pack to convert to the brain, but it honestly is such a hassle that I don’t think it would ever be worth using. It’d be better in my opinion to just have a bigger, more pocketed brain.
Ended up getting the Terraframe 50 for work day trips and day hunts and love that pack as well. The three zip design is great for quick access, and the brain is much more useful on that pack. Can’t wait to see what MR suckers me into next haha

I used the Terraframe 80 for a season and a half of wilderness trail work. Most trips were 8 day backpacking trips starting at around 60 lbs of gear and tools, occasionally more. The pack held up great and was very comfortable the entire time. Never had a chance or reason to use the overload feature, but I’m glad it’s there both for work and play. The torpedo pockets are a great lay out. The only piece I’m not stoked on is the brain because it is small and only has one pocket. I know they built it with the idea of using the straps from the main pack to convert to the brain, but it honestly is such a hassle that I don’t think it would ever be worth using. It’d be better in my opinion to just have a bigger, more pocketed brain.
Ended up getting the Terraframe 50 for work day trips and day hunts and love that pack as well. The three zip design is great for quick access, and the brain is much more useful on that pack. Can’t wait to see what MR suckers me into next haha
I have the Terraframe 50 that I got from Sierra Trading post in 2020 and it has exceeded my needs. I haven't gotten back to Colorado due to the virus in 20 and my son joining the Navy last fall but have used the load shelf to pack out 3 of the last 4 whitetails I have killed. In NJ you are not allowed to quarter and leave the carcass in the wood on public land so I have to field dress and carry whole. The three deer were 80, 110 and 140 pounds dressed and the pack handled it with ease.
e13aff13b4a1ece676769f51dc5f27d6.jpg

Last edited:

chappuism

FNG
Here is some follow up after a season running the Terraframe 80. I used it to pack out 2 elk and a moose. 2 of those trips had 80 and 110 lbs in the pack. Fortunately those pack outs were not that long. It looks almost as good today as it did when I first got it. I also used it on a handful of overnight campouts on scouting trips. This has been a great bag.
Thanks for the field report. Gonna pull the trigger on this one.

Thank you to the guys posting pictures with the pack in use, very helpful!
I just ordered a Terraframe 80 from curated.com they have the small size on sale for $315.00 so I couldn't pass it up. I used a cabela's multi day pack last year in Colorado for archery elk and it did fine and i liked it but it is just too big if you have a 31" waist for a heavy load to stay up on your hips.

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
I have one used for three hints I’ll sell. I’m good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk