Anybody running a Razco holster on their SG bino harness?

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody here running a Razco holster with their Stone Glacier bino harness? How’s it work for you if so? Seems like it might be too much hanging on my chest but don’t want to carry on pack and unable to carry on hip while wearing a pack, so Im looking at options to carry my G43x. Thanks

Anybody here running a Razco holster with their Stone Glacier bino harness? How’s it work for you if so? Seems like it might be too much hanging on my chest but don’t want to carry on pack and unable to carry on hip while wearing a pack, so Im looking at options to carry my G43x. Thanks

This won’t answer your question directly, but I carry my 43x in a gunfighters inc Ronan holster on their micro aggression panel. It sits below my SG waste belt but above my thigh. It doesn’t connect to the pack belt but to my pants belt. I was looking at the Razco but decided that was too much stuff on my chest for my liking during archery. Just thought I’d throw that out as an option hope someone can give you input on the bino harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Can you share a pic of where your pack belt lands relative to the holster so I can see what you’re talking about? That may be the way to go, I have a Kifaru 357 so hoping belts are similar. Thanks

i'm going to try it. i'm going to buy a sig p365 for that purpose. i don't think i would like my glock 20 carried that way, but i like the concept a lot. how the webbing loops are on the SG harness, i wonder how the holster will sit... i wish the loops were on the back of the harness so everything laid flat. i may go with the universal holster

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
I was curious about this also- seems like that bottom end might be floppy if you try to draw quickly

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I’m open to other suggestions on a good way to carry that keeps the g43x on my person without having to move it around as I take the pack on and off. May take a look at that gunfighters inc drop holster but damn it’s expensive. I spose the Razco is too though

snel6424

FNG
I’m open to other suggestions on a good way to carry that keeps the g43x on my person without having to move it around as I take the pack on and off. May take a look at that gunfighters inc drop holster but damn it’s expensive. I spose the Razco is too though
I have a safarland ALS holster that I am going to put on a midlength UBL and be testing out. I THINK the midlength will drop the holster enough to get it out of the way of the pack. Not sure how comfy it will be with the pressure of the hip belt though.

Can you share a pic of where your pack belt lands relative to the holster so I can see what you’re talking about? That may be the way to go, I have a Kifaru 357 so hoping belts are similar. Thanks

Sorry I didn’t see this. I’ll try and get something posted so you can get an idea.

And you're for certain opposed to running the Kenai Chest rig behind the bino harness? I have several Kenai Chest rigs. Wear them almost daily. I like your idea of going with a 43X. Smaller and Slimmer. I think it will make a noticeable difference.

Personally....I have run the chest rigs behind an Alaskan Guide big bino pack. It's not really an issue. It's pretty ghetto, but I've stuck my 43X IN the rear zip pocket of the same bino pack.

I can't say enough good things about the Kenai Chest rigs. I wouldn't over think it too much and simply run one behind the bino pack of your choice. It solves the issue of the firearm always being with you....regardless of where your pack or optics are. Do anything BUT get a drop holster for a thigh carry.

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
And you're for certain opposed to running the Kenai Chest rig behind the bino harness? I have several Kenai Chest rigs. Wear them almost daily. I like your idea of going with a 43X. Smaller and Slimmer. I think it will make a noticeable difference.

Personally....I have run the chest rigs behind an Alaskan Guide big bino pack. It's not really an issue. It's pretty ghetto, but I've stuck my 43X IN the rear zip pocket of the same bino pack.

I can't say enough good things about the Kenai Chest rigs. I wouldn't over think it too much and simply run one behind the bino pack of your choice. It solves the issue of the firearm always being with you....regardless of where your pack or optics are. Do anything BUT get a drop holster for a thigh carry.
I do already have the Kenai and wear it all the time hiking and fishing...my concern wearing it behind the bino harness is pushing the harness out too far and interfering with my bow shot. I guess I could just try it out and see since it’s sitting here

A Non-Archery guy. I get that. My huge AGC bino pack juts out to far and hits my tripod when I glass seated. Annoys the F out of Me. I get it.

I did put a 329PD in a Razco on the bottom of the same ACG bino rig once. Just for a few minutes in the office. Wasn't really a fan. Could prolly dig up the pic if it rally mattered.

Here it is, I have the Velcro straps tight in this pic there’s close to 2” of drop if a guy wanted. I’m wearing a SG krux with large pockets. This sits above where a normal thigh holster would sit. In case you’re wondering it’s doesn’t crush or bind the goods. I wear this in the PNW of WA (thick), and wore it for two weeks in WY this past elk season with no problems. You can slide it back and forth on your pant belt to get to a position you’d prefer. I went with the closed end kydex holster to prevent anything from get jammed up into it, which proved to be a good move when I slipped off of a log into some mud. After my buddy was done laughing at me he helped me out. I checked and nothing got in. Hope this helps you.

3c3b8ebab860d9b71db08938dc569e51.jpg

05fbc0a7d093a7096c7502e0e4885818.jpg

b6c7e04b8d06685d8b545a875ec6a5e5.jpg

63e059b6a819dab07649da89d8e7b399.jpg

CMF

WKR
Ranger 692, What did you end up going with?

I also have the 43x and I'm trying to find the best way to carry it. I've been running my vortex diamondbacks 10x42's on the harness that comes with them(no pouch). It has been ok, but I can see the value in a pouch, especially in snow and rain.
I think I'm going to try a bino pouch this year, so I'm trying to decide if I want to get one that integrates well with a holster.
There are just so many dang options!
Thinking the SG skyline with either the Razco attached or the Kenai underneath...
Maybe the Adak with the Kenai underneath...
The buckles seem kind of big on the Kenai, but I kind of like the idea of having a separate holster if I take my binos off.
I like the idea of the thigh holster, but so many people say no and I could see it being better in theory.

i have a SG harness and razco holster on order right now (decided to stick with my G20) i opted for the regular bino harness holster vs the universal. i noticed Razco listed the skyline harness in that holsters description so i went that direction vs the universal. i will post some pics of how things look when i get the harness/holster

Reactions: CMF

dr.fred

FNG
Have the Razco on a AG — reconfigured lower wrap around strap to the Razxo. G43 is what is carried.

Roosiebull, any update on the harness/holster combo?
Not a big fan… I think the SG harness is great with light binos, but it needs a beefier harness IMO, the SG harness you really feel the weight, way more than others… I’m going to go a different route… thinking a marsupial, and probably going to get a new pistol and holster just because.

there are other things I don’t like about the stone harness… I thought it was going to be something different than it was… hate how the shoulder straps attach to the top of the harness… they pop open pretty easy, slide, and you can’t get the binos very high… good harness for certain applications, but it’s not the best for me

CMF

WKR
Not a big fan… I think the SG harness is great with light binos, but it needs a beefier harness IMO, the SG harness you really feel the weight, way more than others… I’m going to go a different route… thinking a marsupial, and probably going to get a new pistol and holster just because.

there are other things I don’t like about the stone harness… I thought it was going to be something different than it was… hate how the shoulder straps attach to the top of the harness… they pop open pretty easy, slide, and you can’t get the binos very high… good harness for certain applications, but it’s not the best for me

I ended up going with the SG and Razco. I'm not totally loving the SG harness either, the straps do come loose easy as you mention. It also feels like a lot of pressure on my neck instead of spread to my shoulders and back. It feels like the back piece is too narrow and should be wider to get the straps more on my shoulder. This is the first pouch I've tried though so I don't have much to compare to. I just ran my binos on a crooked horn outfitters harness previously.

I ended up going with the SG and Razco. I'm not totally loving the SG harness either, the straps do come loose easy as you mention. It also feels like a lot of pressure on my neck instead of spread to my shoulders and back. It feels like the back piece is too narrow and should be wider to get the straps more on my shoulder. This is the first pouch I've tried though so I don't have much to compare to. I just ran my binos on a crooked horn outfitters harness previously.
Yep, same stuff

I have used a lot of harnesses, that one I feel the weight of the binos a lot more than any others I have used (just with binos) add a glock 20 with 15rds and it’s not a very comfortable setup.

I wish I had got the universal harness so I could just use my outdoor vision harness, way more comfortable, and everything is pretty solid on that harness, it’s just a little boxy

another issue is those front straps how they connect, not only do they pop open and slide even when fastened, with the razco below the pistol hangs too low because of the front strap connection limits the height you can get the harness… even without a holster, I can’t get the harness high enough.

how things settle out with the harness as high as it goes, the pistol touches the waist buckle on my pack, and it’s loud if moving faster than stalking speed… the harness is nice, but just not well thought out IMO… it’s the first thing I have bought from SG, quality is good, but it’s not like things I have got from SO or kifaru, where I get it, and appreciate the thought that went into its function… it was the opposite with that bino harness

Last edited: