Anybody thinking about 2019 CO archery Elk?

I am planning a trip to CO for a early to mid September elk hunt. As of now, I don’t have a partner to travel with because of how far out this trip is. I already have my spot pretty well nailed down, but I’m brand new to this and pretty adaptable. I’m from Texas, but don’t mind just meeting up at the hunting spot if you’re from a different area/state. Heck, this may not work, but I figure Rokslide is as good of place as any to try.

xziang

WKR
Heck go out this year for a camping/vacation/scouting trip. Hit the spot you plan to hunt to get a feel for pressure along with see if you find any animals. Do some car camping and day hikes with a light pack.

You'll spend of $$ in gas and maybe a hotel room. This is of course pending on your vacation allotment too.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Struck out this year on archery elk here in NM, If I don't don't draw again next year it will be it OTC archery in Co for me.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
My OTC plans fell through this year due to a work conflict. Will definitely be out there for 2019

etacker13

FNG
Hey! I am just wondering if you still need a partner for 2019! I live over here in WA and was going to hunt colorado OTC in 2019, however the wife would rather have me not do it solo! I was thinking of flying out this year around july/august for a week or so to scout. If anyone out there is looking for an archery elk partner for Colorado please feel free to message me!

Thanks,
Erik Ackerman

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
If you change your mind and want to do rifle mid October instead, I need a partner lol. I'll be leaving from Houston as well.

Haackea1

FNG
I am looking at heading out to CO next season for some archery Elk and may be interested in meeting up. Feel free to PM me how long you plan on being out and I'll see if I can make it work on my end. I am currently in CA and pretty flexible.

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Lots of things trying to derail the trip, but it’s gonna happen! I currently have a group of four guys, but as the year progresses I’ll have to check back and see if anyone else is interested/available.

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested at this point too. I plan on applying solo in AZ and NM, and possibly WY as well, but I am going to hunt elk somewhere next fall. If I wind up going OTC, it will almost for sure be CO. I have no points in AZ and 3 in WY. I haven't been elk hunting since '99, but I am definitely going next year.

I am interested. Currently it looks like I will be going solo this year so definitely looking for a group at this point. Wasn't really looking at CO as a state that I was going to hunt this year but if I could go with a group I am willing to head over there. I have vacation the month of September and have a solid gear list with some gear that could loan if needed.

Fellow Texan here thinking about doing the CO OTC way for archery in 2019. I'd be interested in meeting up and seeing what plans could be made.

Vids

WKR
I'll throw my name in the hat on this thread. I've had some trouble over the last few years lining up trips with some of my buddies.....kids, work, other tags, life, etc. So I'm on the lookout for a partner that has the same desire and vacation time to elk hunt. I live in CO and plan to hunt archery season for one of my tags. I've lived here 15 years and have been in a bunch of different units.

I am a fellow Texan and will be going to Colorado if I do not draw NM. Let me know if we can get a group. I have been twice and tag soup both times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

aarmst95

WKR
Little late to the party it seems haha. But I’m also in Texas. Wichita Falls area. I already have vacation booked August 29th-September 8th for a DIY backpack hunt. As of now it’s just me so I would love to link up with someone if possible! Feel free to shoot me a message!

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Little late to the party it seems haha. But I’m also in Texas. Wichita Falls area. I already have vacation booked August 29th-September 8th for a DIY backpack hunt. As of now it’s just me so I would love to link up with someone if possible! Feel free to shoot me a message!

Do you already have a unit/area picked out?

I guess ill put my name out there aswell from Texas (San Antonio). This will be my 2nd year going up and will be going solo this year. Thinking of possibly hiring llamas or a packer since knowing there is no way I want to pack an animal out by myself. Got close last year twice but couldn't get it done, seeing an elk up close made me realize that it would be a brutal hike out by myself. Let me know if anyone would be interested in a trip for the first week to split some of the costs