Anybody try Maker T-Rex bullets on game?

Just curious if anyone has tried the Maker T-Rex bullets on big game, like mule deer and elk. The price isn’t bad for monos, but there isn’t much out there on them for hunting. I like that they’re tipped and have cuts in them to aid in expansion.

My friends and I have used them on a few hunts. They have been awesome and worked just like they say they will. So far I think its been 3 bears, 5 blacktail and 1 coyote (my kill with them). We've recovered 3 bullets and the look just like the picture

Hoghead

WKR
I use maker in all my hunting. Paul is awesome to deal with. He custom made me some 50 cal bullets for my level action. This deer was shot with a 300 wsm at 40 yards. That is a picture of the exit hole the bullet opened even at that range. When I talked to Paul about velocity and penetration on my hog gun he designed a bullet for me. It has worked every time just like he said it would. If you can't tell I highly recommend Maker bullets.
8760d2870c0efedeb9df7518ceeafe4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
R
Good to hear some positive feedback, there’s just not a lot out there on them in relation to hunting.

TxLite

WKR
Resurrecting this thread to see if anybody has any additional info on these bullets. I’ve been shooting them at paper (incredibly accurate and easy to load for so far) for a few years in various calibers but haven’t had an opportunity to use them on game yet. Picked up some of the Tipped 200’s to play with in my 1:9 300 PRC this year.

In a couple weeks I will be using them for a black bear hunt out of my 308 pistol. If I am able to fill my tag I will let you know how they perform.

Rob

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Taken a couple deer with the 150 Rex in my 350L. Worked great. I also have a Subsonic load with his 205 Rex. Paul actually resigned that bullet for me from 220 g since I was getting some stability issues. Great guy.

I need to try the 6.5 in my short barrel Creed. The Maker bullets seem to open up very well at lower velocities due to design and cuts in the nose.

Just wondering if Trex has a website or how to get my hands on some of these bullets? Looked all over web and it never would come up with a site or anything but people talking about them on forms.

Wapiti1

WKR
I've used them on several deer. 150gr out of a .308 at 2950fps. Kills them dead with no drama. No bullets recovered, but no shots longer than 100 yards either.

I have some 165gr .308 that I want to try in a .300 WM.

Jeremy

I intend to post my results here in the future. I wasn't able to get my reloading going in time for this Fall's hunting, but will for 2023. I'm stoked about these bullets. Have lever actions in .308 WIN, and .35 REM, and .300 Savage I hope to detail.

Sadly, I'm done. I made multiple posts in a variety of threads from blacktail, to gear, to Elk, to affirming on feedback how it would be nice to have a rabbit forum. I posted jubilantly in this forum about Maker Bullets, or even Rocky Mountain cartridges - both of which have limited information online about and I hoped to add to the knowledge base and experience of them. My time is quite valuable, and I put time and energy into my posts which I believe would be positive, and contributing to the greater hunting/shooting community.

I get flagged as Spam and all my posts get deleted out. I message RokSlide to be like "whoa" your spam filters are dialed way, way up, on assumption that it is a bot moderator - and not a human. Access granted.

I again attempt to create a specific thread on maker bullet reloading - which would be separate from this thread - that's terminal game performance. That thread doesn't get approved and is gone.

Whether the bots surveying for spam here really are that over sensitive, or the human mods are silencing with intent, I've gotten the hint. If human mods, perhaps posting about less known products or perhaps those that aren't in the official sponsor products isn't viewed favorably?

Whatever the reason, I'm not going waste my time thrice. Its sad these forums I've lurked on so many years, I won't be able to return the favor and contribute to. Best wishes all. I'll be sitting on a stump hunting somewhere.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I got in some 160gr .284 Trex to try in my 7SS but haven’t had the time yet to do load workup or test on game. Will update when I do.

6tyfive

FNG
I haven’t use them in game yet but I have some 500 grain subsonics loaded for my 458 Socom SBR. I shot this into a soft dirt bank at 50 yards with a MV of 1050fps.

8b977141fc7bad41418db990677a4668.jpg

04b8af001a2ed2003fdd6ece6c99d52d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What powder are you using with your subsonic loads? Reloader 7?

prm

WKR
Sadly, I'm done. I made multiple posts in a variety of threads from blacktail, to gear, to Elk, to affirming on feedback how it would be nice to have a rabbit forum. I posted jubilantly in this forum about Maker Bullets, or even Rocky Mountain cartridges - both of which have limited information online about and I hoped to add to the knowledge base and experience of them. My time is quite valuable, and I put time and energy into my posts which I believe would be positive, and contributing to the greater hunting/shooting community.

I get flagged as Spam and all my posts get deleted out. I message RokSlide to be like "whoa" your spam filters are dialed way, way up, on assumption that it is a bot moderator - and not a human. Access granted.

I again attempt to create a specific thread on maker bullet reloading - which would be separate from this thread - that's terminal game performance. That thread doesn't get approved and is gone.

Whether the bots surveying for spam here really are that over sensitive, or the human mods are silencing with intent, I've gotten the hint. If human mods, perhaps posting about less known products or perhaps those that aren't in the official sponsor products isn't viewed favorably?

Whatever the reason, I'm not going waste my time thrice. Its sad these forums I've lurked on so many years, I won't be able to return the favor and contribute to. Best wishes all. I'll be sitting on a stump hunting somewhere.

I’ve never even heard of threads being ‘approved’.