Anybody want to help me pick a cerakote for my new rifle???

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm amazed to say that I recently won a raffle for our local Search and Rescue organization for a hunting rifle package! The rifle is a Proof Research Elevation in 6.5 Creed. They are going to have a local guy here do a custom cerakote on it and a local leather shop is going to make me a custom sling. It also comes with a scope from Arken Optics. I've never heard of that company but I'm happy to check out the scope and see how it tracks and whatnot.

Anyway, they guy doing the cerakote has an instagram and I'd love to hear what some of you might do if you had the option. Here is his IG: https://www.instagram.com/ely_yerian_designs/. Looks like he's done some guns for some fairly high-profile projects.

I've never owned a rifle this "high-end" before...I'm a Tikka T3X guy so I'm really interested to see what it's like to shoot something like this.

J300UM

FNG
I saw they offered 2 colors on their website. If the stock is black carbon, I think black cerakote on the metal would look nice and clean. I think sniper gray cerakote would look good with the TFDE color stock.

sndmn11

WKR
Have him do a topo design in two colors with the carbon fiber as the empty space. Give him a topo map of where you are from or some place special to you.

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
I just want to clarify...he's cerakoting the stock, not the barrelled action.

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
Finally got the rifle package in my grubby little hands! I went with Kuiu camo because I think it looks cool! Thanks for the suggestions from everyone even though I didn't listen to any of you!

The full package included a custom leather sling and a scope and mounting package from Arken Optics.

Rifle Package.jpg

sndmn11

WKR
Finally got the rifle package in my grubby little hands! I went with Kuiu camo because I think it looks cool! Thanks for the suggestions from everyone even though I didn't listen to any of you!

The full package included a custom leather sling and a scope and mounting package from Arken Optics.

View attachment 367391

That is one heck of a raffle package, did you take the guy who secured it from those vendors out to super dinner?

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
That is one heck of a raffle package, did you take the guy who secured it from those vendors out to super dinner?
Yeah, pretty amazing!

I certainly gave him a hearty handshake and a sincere thank you! I also made a pretty significant donation to the organization and am now a sustaining member.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord