Anymore big binos on the horizon?

snopro176

WKR
This month I've spend hours and hours behind my 8x ultravids backed up by my maven 18s and so far I think this is a fantastic combo and I really don't miss my spotter. The mavens so far have been pretty darn nice, but just not quite as sweet on the eye as the Leica's. My question is, has anyone heard rumors of some more 18x+ alpha binos in the works? Some NL pure 20x56s would be about as good as a guy could ask for. I'm going to start saving the money right now regardless..

Last edited:

PAS

FNG
I have had the same question in mind for a couple of years now..... Not sure why the big alphas are not coming out with Big Eye 18x or 20x range binos....... I think many would sell their spotting scope and go to a fantastic quality 18x or 20X Bino. I sure as heck would...

They probably don’t want to make a big set of binoculars because of the fact that many would ditch there spotters. Think of Swarovski they put a ton of time and money into the btx system and they already have the 15x56 slc so why cut your own throat with a set of 18’s? Sure that would fill the gap between the two but could also cut down the sales of a already created product.

that’s just my pea brain ideas as to why they don’t make more options. Now zeiss and Leica have no excuse in my eyes to not make an alpha 15 or 18.

Stalker69

WKR
Check these out, more then you asked for but would take the place of a “ spotter” and less eye strain. Far better for guys that wear glasses. You asked for big though, and good quality, and want to save up to afford them, ( be careful what you ask for, lol) ,damn they are huge ! ALmost 14lbs. and $ 5,000.00. Sounds exactly what your looking for ! 1605111766199.png

Last edited:
OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Check these out, more then you asked for but would take the place of a “ spotter” and less eye strain. Far better for guys that wear glasses. You asked for big though, and good quality, and want to save up to afford them, ( be careful what you ask for, lol) ,damn they are huge ! ALmost 14lbs. and $ 5,000.00. Sounds exactly what your looking for ! View attachment 231386
You're not wrong haha maybe if they did that with their 55 series I'd consider taking a gander. I'm not sure big binos could ever replace the power of a spotter, especially for game sizing, but for game finding, I feel there's a market there that only a few are capitalizing on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

idguide

FNG
I have been hoping for the same thing. I have a 20x vortek binos and btx. I love both but wud love to hear about a new high end 20* in the works.

I think some of you are getting into some serious weight considerations if your thinking of them replacing a spotting scope.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
I think some of you are getting into some serious weight considerations if your thinking of them replacing a spotting scope.
...I'm not trackin.

I'm not a guy who cares about animal size yet so I'm just looking to find as much game as possible. I'm ok with the weight penalty if it causes less eye strain and finds more game. I used to own a 77mm kowa and that sob was nice but I rarely miss it. These mavens have been a weight savings from the spotter and a really nice piece of glass to sit behind.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk