Anyone actually use a microtech?

Austink47

WKR
Hey guys I am curious if anyone actually uses a microtech. I am thinking about buying a ultratech and am wondering if anyone actually uses one or if they just look cool.

I have an ultratech in my rotation. It’s a very sturdy, and well built knife, and I use it like all my other knives. When I got mine I got the dagger profile blade, it’s not real practical for EDC, they have better blade designs for EDC that I would get if I was ordering another. I got the dagger because it looked cool.

OP
A

Austink47

WKR
I have an ultratech in my rotation. It’s a very sturdy, and well built knife, and I use it like all my other knives. When I got mine I got the dagger profile blade, it’s not real practical for EDC, they have better blade designs for EDC that I would get if I was ordering another. I got the dagger because it looked cool.
Thank you, would you be afraid to get it dirty? Like field dress a deer, or gut a bunch of fish dirty if need be.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
My edc has been a utx-85 for about two years. I use it for everything I ever used benchmades for. Yes if you get it dirty it won’t fire or retract but you can still pull the blade out or push it back in manually. I clean it with carb cleaner and rem oil and it’s back in business. I generally always have a havalon for animals But usually use my pocket knife for joints and things that dull the scalpel blade. The microtech does great.

Oh and there is tons of cool factor. I love the look on people’s faces when they ask to borrow a knife and I hand it to them unopened.

Attachments

• 2C6DA95B-195D-425F-939B-95495BE19D22.jpeg
    2C6DA95B-195D-425F-939B-95495BE19D22.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 89

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I also carry a UTX-85. keep it clean with compressed air and light oil; I use it for everyday stuff and it’s great. I still think my Benchmade Osborne Auto is a bit more sturdy and a bit easier to sharpen, but the UTX is handier and “cooler”.

airbuds

FNG
Hey guys I am curious if anyone actually uses a microtech. I am thinking about buying a ultratech and am wondering if anyone actually uses one or if they just look cool.
Yes actually, people use it so well

OP
A

Austink47

WKR
Thanks for the feed back. I also watched a few torture tests on YouTube, they seem to do really well. I have carried a 940 forever, but am getting board. Looking at the 9400 got me thinking why not a microtech.

I have been EDCing Microtechs since 2008. Multiple out the fronts and auto folders, loved all of them. Great steel, great actions, great warranty, and most important, U.S. made.

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
Great knives but I’ve put them in my EDC for personal defense not really my go-to for game or hunting or even utility knife.

Wrench

WKR
I carried a lightfoot as my edc until someone wanted to trade me a perfect red label for it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
People who buy these probably have tribal tattoos and wear skin tight black v neck shirts while driving their crotch rockets.

I had one for a few years, never used it really so i sold it(for a profit actually lol). I have a benchmade pagan i decided to keep, but I'd probably never use an OTF knife to process an animal over a regular folder or fixed blade personally. They are cool tho

Bigtex46

FNG
As several have stated above, they are great knives but they have to be clean to function properly.

SAM55

FNG
My SIL has an Ultratech. The cool factor is quite high. I love handling it - it's a great knife. He uses it for most all EDC tasks, though he doesn't use it for dressing animals or cleaning fish. Being an OTF knife it doesn't seem like that would be a very good application, though I'm sure it would work fine with a little post-use cleaning. If you want one go ahead and get it. You won't be sorry!

I bought and carried an ultratech for a couple of months until I lost it while duck hunting this past winter. It was my favorite knife. Been afraid to buy another. Tried asking Microtech for a discount or free replacement but they said no. Haha I understand but had to try.

The Microtechs are great knives. I’d recommend them to anyone. The Guardian Tactical OTF knives are incredible too.

I think they're pretty slick knives... however given the price and my needs... i stick to OE replaceable folders hahahhahaha