Anyone add a shapeable bar to marsupial gear harness?

ande7824

Lil-Rokslider
I have a medium no-mag harness for my EL range ( with TA) binos and even tho they've sat in the pouch for going on 6mo it still takes an effort to get them in and out. Love the harness otherwise so wanted to see if anyone has added a shapeable bar to the front like the FHF FOB or KUIU?

If not, any suggestions who I could ask to get the sewing done? I have a bar that will work I just want to find someone who could help me with the sewing work.

elk_hntr

FNG
I soaked my harness then put in two pieces of pipe that were bigger than the binos. Left them in the harness until it dried, and then the binos slid in and out great.

OP
A

ande7824

Lil-Rokslider
I soaked my harness then put in two pieces of pipe that were bigger than the binos. Left them in the harness until it dried, and then the binos slid in and out great.
That's a good idea. I'll try that.

OP
A

ande7824

Lil-Rokslider
OK, so I tried stretching the harness out a bit and that definitely made an improvement, but I am still finding the bridge likes to catch on the forward part of the harness - especially if I don't drop the cover 100% all the way down. Making progress for sure, but not sure how to accomplish what I want without some structure on the front. I am going to see if I can find someone local I can bring the harness to and discuss the modification I want.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a bar that spans the opening hood? If it's plastic maybe you can hit it with a heat gun and put a lil kick in it.

dlee56

WKR
OK, so I tried stretching the harness out a bit and that definitely made an improvement, but I am still finding the bridge likes to catch on the forward part of the harness - especially if I don't drop the cover 100% all the way down. Making progress for sure, but not sure how to accomplish what I want without some structure on the front. I am going to see if I can find someone local I can bring the harness to and discuss the modification I want.
Have you found anyone to sew in a bar yet? You've peaked my interest, I might sew one up for my marsupial and see how it goes.

OP
A

ande7824

Lil-Rokslider
Have you found anyone to sew in a bar yet? You've peaked my interest, I might sew one up for my marsupial and see how it goes.
Unfortunately no I haven't. I didn't look too hard yet as the holidays kind of sucked up my time. I'll update if I find anything.

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same problem. Marsupial told me to wrap them in a towel and it should stretch out. Mine squeaks when I take my binos out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk