Anyone been to New Zealand?

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
My job won’t allow me to get away when the time is right in the US. But, I do have a week every April that could be used to chase elk or stag in NZ. Just looking for anyone with any kind of experience. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Been there.... done that.
Best time that I have had hunting. Beautiful country with amazing people.

Don't know when they are going to open their borders to people from any other countries but if they do I would highly recommend hunting there. However, a week is not long enough. It's almost 24 hours worth of time travelling to get there from the East coast and when you get there you will find yourself wiped from the trip. I had the fortune to have a friend from NZ invite me down and he arranged a hunt for Reds with an outfitter he knew. I also got to hunt locally for fallow deer, goats and turkeys with him. So getting to hang with a local made the time there even more real and not touristy. So I would highly recommend planning a trip there.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
I have been 2x for a total of 5 weeks. No hunting yet. But its a magical place. As the previous post says I would do a minimum of 2 weeks

Blueticker1

Lil-Rokslider
It's a beautiful country, nice people, and fantastic hunting. Here's a few to help you get the fever.FB_IMG_1572461757589.jpgFB_IMG_1572461927383.jpgFB_IMG_1538790239670.jpg

JoshB94

FNG
Planning a DIY public trip myself to eventually go. Some good NZ hunting forum threads and YouTube videos out there

Phaseolus

WKR
Been 5x, I used to have my winter dry bean nurseries on the south island

JP100

WKR
April is a good time to hunt here(NZ), usually the stags roar/rut at the end of March and into April. Sika and Fallow are a little later.

'Elk' hunting here is mainly behind wire for foreign hunters, we do have one wild herd, but it is certainly not a good place to hunt elk compared to the US/Canada

OP
C

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
April is a good time to hunt here(NZ), usually the stags roar/rut at the end of March and into April. Sika and Fallow are a little later.

'Elk' hunting here is mainly behind wire for foreign hunters, we do have one wild herd, but it is certainly not a good place to hunt elk compared to the US/Canada

Thanks. I appreciate that. I have no desire to hunt a high fence property. Stags would be just as good as elk and way better if they’re free ranging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk