Anyone Buy A New 4Runner Recently?

Crusader

WKR
Hi guys,

I posted this over on 24 HR Campfire recently and didn't get many responses so I thought I'd throw it out here as well. I am thinking about buying a new 4Runner this year, as apparently they're a better buy than used given the current inflated used car market. So, for those of you who have bought a new one in the last year (say, beginning of 2021), would you mind posting:

--which model year?
--which trim level is it?
--what price did you pay (vehicle only, excluding taxes, license/plates, delivery, extended warranty)
--what was sticker price?
--in what town/city did you buy it?
--any other info/tips you might think would be helpful

Knowing this info could help me a lot, even the location, as I'd consider traveling to another part of the country for the right deal.

Thanks in advance!

kda082

WKR
This likely won’t help but wife has a TRD off road with the premium package, thinking it was low to mid 40s 2 years ago. I can’t see that they’ve changed anything Other than being above MSRP now.

hodgeman

WKR
I bought a 2019 TRD Off Road Prem with KDSS in late 2019... paid $44k in Anchorage and frankly wasn't much of a deal.

Same rig now is $10-12k higher.

For that matter, my 2019 with 36k on the odometer is booking for $47k on KBB.

2019 SR5 Premium with 3rd row seating

I got this model because I knew I was going to change the suspension and wheels and tires.

Gas mileage sucks and with third row seating it’s hard to sleep in the back because it doesn’t go flat.

Looking back I wish I would’ve got the E locker as I four wheel and trail ride a lot

Last edited:
2021 SR5 w/ third row seat 4x4
Paid ~39k in Feb of 21 in Albuquerque NM.
Don’t remember sticker but I shopped Colorado, TX, and AZ dealers and found this one.

Shop ebaymotors and look for ended sales. That’ll give you a better idea of what they have sold for in the past.

kpk

WKR
I looked at a '21 or '22 a couple months ago. It was the TRD PRO model and the sticker on it was 52k. Was a nice rig for sure, but still thinking I'm going to get a new truck.

Vandy321

WKR
FYI, you can probably buy a GX 460 and get the Lexus V8 for a very similar price. Everyone wants a 4runner, most don't realize the GX is the more luxury version but it's every bit as capable. Lockers and all on our 2020 offroad GX 460, not that we need them, it's my wife's grocery getter, but it is dang nice to drive. We like it far more than her 2016 limited 4runner.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
2021 Venture Special Edition. Has the black TRD wheels, luggage rack , etc. paid sticker price of 46 and change in Terre Haute, IN. We had a 19 TRD Premium that we were very happy with w/31,000 on it and they gave us a deal on the trade in we couldn’t pass up. Normally not one to buy new vehicles but good deals on both and we have been really happy with them.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
I'll second what Vandy said above. Unless you've got to have brand new, the difference between a slightly used GX460 and a slightly used 4R TRD Premium is next to nothing. I made the upgrade after 6 months with a TRD just to get a V8 and something other than a BLACK interior. 4R's are in such demand right now its not the time to buy one.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Hi guys,

I posted this over on 24 HR Campfire recently and didn't get many responses so I thought I'd throw it out here as well. I am thinking about buying a new 4Runner this year, as apparently they're a better buy than used given the current inflated used car market. So, for those of you who have bought a new one in the last year (say, beginning of 2021), would you mind posting:

--which model year?
--what price did you pay (vehicle only, excluding taxes, license/plates, delivery, extended warranty)

Knowing this info could help me a lot, even the location, as I'd consider traveling to another part of the country for the right deal.

Thanks in advance!
What’s your time frame? Can you wait? Do you have a trade? If you have a trade you’ll get an inflated price for it, if you do it right, so that’ll offset paying msrp for the new one. If you don’t have a trade and you aren’t in a hurry wait until September. Good chance prices stabilize.

I have been pricing out Tacomas and 4runners. Nothing on the lots at all. Have to put a deposit down as soon as one Is allocated to a dealer and then wait 60-90 days. Prices are all msrp here.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I was at a Toyota dealership about a month ago and they only had 3 new cars on the lot. 1 Avalon, 1 Rav4, and 1 Corrola. No new trucks or 4runners at all. It's a bad time to need one.

SWFLhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys,

--which model year?

Thanks in advance!
2021, March
SR5 Premium
$41ish
$41ish lol. No deals anymore.
Fort Myers
They only had three. Could have gone to Miami to find a little better deal but screw that lol.

I've had a 16, 17, and now a 20 TRD Premium with KDSS. I can't recall which 4r forum it was, but I hung out there and got a feel for price. I'm pretty sure I was in the 40K range on all these. The resale is kind of crazy to the point if I didn't mod them I'd trade every year.

Central PA.

zacattack

WKR
Good luck finding one. Our Toyota dealerships said they aren’t getting any in the near future. They had one new $70k tundra, and like 2 tacomas.

Lowg08

WKR
I’m actually looking for a 98-02 most rear room. Designed to build a platform for truck camping. Adding a roof rack and canopy to it.

Poser

WKR
I bought a 05 4Runner Sport Ltd from another Rockslide member recently. Freakin’ love that thing except for the skimpy-ass gas tank.