Anyone C-Clamp their press?

OutdoorAg

WKR
I was having a tough time deciding where to bolt my presses to the bench. So I went temp with some C clamps to try out a few spots.

Surprisingly…the c clamps worked great. From decap, FL size, and seating. No press movement.

I’m thinking of keeping it this way, giving me ultimate mobility at the bench.

Anyone else?

Pgohil

WKR
Yes! I have my press setup so I can use c clamps at the range, at home it's screweded to a 2x4 section that fits nicely in my bench vise. Easy to move without tools

BBob

WKR
Yep, multiple presses mounted to 1/2” steel plate and clamped with C clamps to the bench. I can add or remove them as needed and sometimes I use two at a time side by side. 25 years or so this way. It’s nice to have the bench space available if wanted.

Attachments

• E4DC529A-AF15-427B-AB76-3259C6DD38FF.jpeg
    E4DC529A-AF15-427B-AB76-3259C6DD38FF.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 62
OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Thanks! Sounds like I’m not missing anything by sticking with the C’s for a while. Or forever. Both presses are on mounts, so it’s easy to grab the mount base and clamp down solid.

Mounting to the steel plate is a great idea, I’ve used c clamps in the past, but they always seem to manage to get in the way somehow

Rich M

WKR
My father bolts a piece of angle iron to the press and uses it in a vice - take down and put away easy...

PA Hunter

WKR
I mounted a strip of wood 1 inch above my reloading table then clamped my reloading press to a piece of plywood and insert the back of the plywood under my wall strip to hold the back down and then I c clamp the front down works great and removes in seconds to keep my table clear.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I don't use a clamp for my press but use an Inline Fabrication quick change. I use the flush one mounted to the bench. You can use a router and make it truly flush as well.

1moredeer

FNG
Just finishing up our new house and haven’t got to the reloading room setup yet, yep I know about priorities but the boss has different priorities. I currently have my press c-clamped to a table in the garage.

Tiger23

FNG
My father attached the entire structure to the table in the garage. Sometimes it's scary to approach. It seems that soon his desk will turn into a transformer, there are so many things on it. He loves to experiment with clamps, and all the possible products from https://www.sandfieldengineering.com/ lie around the territory of our garage. It's time for this company to start paying him for unspoken advertising. Neighbors go to our garage like a museum and constantly borrow clamps. He is now focusing on C clamps.

Last edited:

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the press to planks, planks clamped on camp as well. 2x6s work well. I have one bench that has a lip and I found that I could drill and bolt together a few scrap boards so I had enough on the top and bottom to stay stable.

For years I used C clamps holding my single stage press on a Black & Decker workmate. Bolted now on the workbench in our home. Wasn't always the case with limited space.