Anyone catch the BROmar KifauKast?

I’m definitely not offended. I don’t even necessarily disagree with you. I just don’t like when people trash the low carb diet as some kind of a gimmick or fad. Millions of people have turned their lives around in the last few years on a low carb diet. That’s a great thing. Think about how ridiculous it is that this thread is trashing Josh Bomar because people on here think they know better about what he should be doing. Not a single person on here that’s criticizing him is in as good of shape as him. Now guys are trying to discredit him says he has good jeans, and is on steroids. If people think that steroids make him like that in spite of his bad diet, then why aren’t they taking them? As far as the degree, maybe went too far say it means nothing. I get a lot of my knowledge from people with degrees. But if someone is giving me advice on how to get in shape but isn’t in as good as shape as me, why would I listen to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People don't realize that steroids help, but you still have to put in ten times the amount of work most people are willing to put in to look like that. They're not magic. I think that if most people had the discipline to count their macros and ingest only the right amount of carbs they need, then low carb diets wouldn't be necessary. But most people--myself included--don't have time or patience to be that meticulous, so sticking to very low, or no carb diet produces better results than eating whatever you impulsively desire.

Mt_elk

FNG
It was definitely an interesting take on nutrition. In context a guy can get what he means about the veggies tho.

ChrisS

WKR
If people think that steroids make him like that in spite of his bad diet, then why aren’t they taking them?
I for one am not putting something in my body that I bought from a shady online retailer that may or may not be what it they say it is because OTC steroids aren't legal. However, if my doctor would prescribe them to me, sure I'd take a crack at a cycle or two.

Secondly, "good" diets and "bad" diets are relative terms like budgets. If my budget allows me to drive a $80k truck towing a $75k boat to my $400k lake house, but I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and can barely make the interest payments, well no one sees that except for me and the credit agencies. So that may sure look like a great budget, but it's deceiving. Diets are reflective of someone's individual genetic makeup and their goals. Bowmar could drop dead because of his diet when he's 62 instead of 72 or 82. Maybe he won't. But if his primary goal is shredded abs now and absurdly low bodyfat to sell* veggie powder and other supplements then his diet sure seems to work for him.

I think there is a ton of good research out there now and there is a ton of bad pseudo-science. I switched to keto last year after watching a pretty in-shape guy in my office drop 40lbs like nothing. I felt different and it sure helped me lose some weight, but I didn't have a miraculous transformation. Different strokes for different folks. I do think it's wise to moderate carbs because they're so calorically dense. But I want some in my diet to provide sufficient glycogen. The keto diet is forcing the body to run on ketones. Those two fuels get the body to go the same place, but the systems are different. If I eat carbs they're usually from in order: leafy greens, root vegetables, potatoes, corn, oats, gluten/wheats, fructose, and sugar/glucose. I like to minimize the starches and sugars, but damn, french fries are delicious.

*One of my favorite places in the Adirondacks is Lake Lila, it's a wilderness area that used to be a 23,000-acre playground of a wealthy dude in the early 1800s. He made a fortune selling "diet" pills. Ain't nothing new under the sun.

I for one am not putting something in my body that I bought from a shady online retailer that may or may not be what it they say it is because OTC steroids aren't legal. However, if my doctor would prescribe them to me, sure I'd take a crack at a cycle or two.

Secondly, "good" diets and "bad" diets are relative terms like budgets. If my budget allows me to drive a $80k truck towing a $75k boat to my $400k lake house, but I'm in debt up to my eyeballs and can barely make the interest payments, well no one sees that except for me and the credit agencies. So that may sure look like a great budget, but it's deceiving. Diets are reflective of someone's individual genetic makeup and their goals. Bowmar could drop dead because of his diet when he's 62 instead of 72 or 82. Maybe he won't. But if his primary goal is shredded abs now and absurdly low bodyfat to sell* veggie powder and other supplements then his diet sure seems to work for him.

I think there is a ton of good research out there now and there is a ton of bad pseudo-science. I switched to keto last year after watching a pretty in-shape guy in my office drop 40lbs like nothing. I felt different and it sure helped me lose some weight, but I didn't have a miraculous transformation. Different strokes for different folks. I do think it's wise to moderate carbs because they're so calorically dense. But I want some in my diet to provide sufficient glycogen. The keto diet is forcing the body to run on ketones. Those two fuels get the body to go the same place, but the systems are different. If I eat carbs they're usually from in order: leafy greens, root vegetables, potatoes, corn, oats, gluten/wheats, fructose, and sugar/glucose. I like to minimize the starches and sugars, but damn, french fries are delicious.

*One of my favorite places in the Adirondacks is Lake Lila, it's a wilderness area that used to be a 23,000-acre playground of a wealthy dude in the early 1800s. He made a fortune selling "diet" pills. Ain't nothing new under the sun.
Fats are way more calorically dense than cars and protein. That’s why some people struggle to lose weight on Keto and Atkins after the initial water weight loss. Still have to limit caloric intake, which is harder to do with fats.

As you know, it’s not a miracle drug and you still have to put in the work, but it does make things easier as we get older. I was in shape and did all the same stuff I do now before I started it. It’s subtle but I feel better in general, and can tell (mostly through libido) when it runs out. You can call me if you want more information.
Travis (708)516-3990

Fats are way more calorically dense than cars and protein. That’s why some people struggle to lose weight on Keto and Atkins after the initial water weight loss. Still have to limit caloric intake, which is harder to do with fats.

My personal experience is the opposite. What I find when I eat low carb high fat is that I am way more satiated, such that it was no problem to eat a 600+ calorie deficit, whereas any other macro breakdown I tried would leave me hungry all the time even with a much smaller deficit. Nothing works for everybody, but lots of people have found it much easier to lose the weight eating a high fat (relative to norms) diet.

My personal experience is the opposite. What I find when I eat low carb high fat is that I am way more satiated, such that it was no problem to eat a 600+ calorie deficit, whereas any other macro breakdown I tried would leave me hungry all the time even with a much smaller deficit. Nothing works for everybody, but lots of people have found it much easier to lose the weight eating a high fat (relative to norms) diet.
It works for me too and I've been on a pretty consistent low carb diet for probably ten years. I have periods where I fall off the wagon and eat like shit, but for the most part less carbs is my rule and eating the way most people eat is the exception. I've just noticed a lot of people who's issue is with gluttony, start out doing a low carb diet because they will still lose weight even when they're filling their plates to the brim with bacon and eggs. I think eventually their appetites get curbed a little if they stick with it and they'll lose more weight. But, and I've been there myself, there is a plateau you reach with weight loss, even on a low carb diet, if you don't manage your overall calorie intake. I work in Prudhoe Bay in Alaska and I get to see a lot of case studies with the different people and their diets and portions.

As you know, it’s not a miracle drug and you still have to put in the work, but it does make things easier as we get older. I was in shape and did all the same stuff I do now before I started it. It’s subtle but I feel better in general, and can tell (mostly through libido) when it runs out. You can call me if you want more information.
Travis (708)516-3990

I know many older gentlemen on HRT and I'm not opposed to doing the same thing as I age.

Gagster7

Lil-Rokslider
well in the podcast he said that he ate that way for 12 wks, and that he does a low carb low fat diet. he said that it was the best he felt when he was on the carnivore diet. I decided to give it a try started it last Saturday and I am already down 9 pounds and I have felt great. I honestly can say I have had less soreness when waking up. I am going to try it as long as I can keep it going.

well in the podcast he said that he ate that way for 12 wks, and that he does a low carb low fat diet. he said that it was the best he felt when he was on the carnivore diet. I decided to give it a try started it last Saturday and I am already down 9 pounds and I have felt great. I honestly can say I have had less soreness when waking up. I am going to try it as long as I can keep it going.
You wanna talk about feeling great? Do a low carb diet for a while then before going hiking or something, have some carbs. Doesn't have to be a load, but even some fruit or a cookie or something will send your body into turbo mode. Granted, you get a bit of crash afterwards but it feels great while it lasts.

Gagster7

Lil-Rokslider
You wanna talk about feeling great? Do a low carb diet for a while then before going hiking or something, have some carbs. Doesn't have to be a load, but even some fruit or a cookie or something will send your body into turbo mode. Granted, you get a bit of crash afterwards but it feels great while it lasts.
I have to say so far I have had good energy and with working out doing ok. but I do have a protein shake in the am for breakfast so I would say I am 90% carnivore

jp0212

FNG
I’m definitely not offended. I don’t even necessarily disagree with you. I just don’t like when people trash the low carb diet as some kind of a gimmick or fad. Millions of people have turned their lives around in the last few years on a low carb diet. That’s a great thing. Think about how ridiculous it is that this thread is trashing Josh Bomar because people on here think they know better about what he should be doing. Not a single person on here that’s criticizing him is in as good of shape as him. Now guys are trying to discredit him says he has good jeans, and is on steroids. If people think that steroids make him like that in spite of his bad diet, then why aren’t they taking them? As far as the degree, maybe went too far say it means nothing. I get a lot of my knowledge from people with degrees. But if someone is giving me advice on how to get in shape but isn’t in as good as shape as me, why would I listen to them?

Glad to see your not offended and open to good conversation. Not a common occurrence these days on the internet. First and foremost, I definitely want to say I am not with those in this group that are trying to discredit him. In fact, I fully believe him when he says he doesn't use steroids, because it is very possible to look like him completely naturally. Ronnie Coleman, not so much, but you can definitely look like Josh Bowmar. In fact I agree it is a shame he is so quick to get shamed. He is a hunter just like the rest of us, and I respect the amount of work he puts into every aspect of his life. The real truth is that a lot of misinformation is being thrown around. First and foremost steroids are not a magic drug. Despite what a lot of people think, you still have to work EXTREMELY hard on steroids to obtain any type of a high level physique. You can't get jacked just slamming needles in your butt cheeks and Busch on the couch eating Twinkies. You have to work your ass off. As far as the comment about not listening to anyone who doesn't look as good as you, that is a little silly my friend. If a doctor is overweight, does that make them any less of a doctor. Not really. Is it hard to take their advice when they tell someone to lose weight to lower their cholesterol and prevent the onset of Type 2 diabetes, maybe, but it doesn't make the information any less truthful. Is the low-carb diet a fad, to some extent it absolutely is (Adkins Diet, Soup Diet, South Beach Diet, etc.). The only legitimate diet out there that is low-carb is the Keto diet as it has actually existed since the 1920's. Many people don't know it was actually started by a group of Pediatricians looking for a way to treat children with Narcolepsy and Severe Brain trauma. More specifically, they were looking for a way to reduce the amount of seizures they have. Is Keto a viable, almost necessary, way to eat for that subset of people? Absolutely. Is it necessary for the average person. Plain and simply no. I can however see why people so easily fall into it. I will fully acknowledge there is plenty of science out there to backup the Keto Diet, but there are just as many studies out there, as well as humans who look great, that substantiate a well balanced diet. If you truly understand human physiology, you will see why it is hard to believe we aren't meant to eat carbohydrates. Below is a link to one of my blog posts. Not necessarily asking you to read the whole post, but at the very end there are some awesome videos that give a super hard crash course on human physiology.

http://huntthemountain.com/lets-learn-about-macros/

jp0212

FNG
I have to say so far I have had good energy and with working out doing ok. but I do have a protein shake in the am for breakfast so I would say I am 90% carnivore

Are you truly following the Carnivore diet? Remember, you can't just eat premium cuts of meat that we all love. It is ABSOLUTELY essential that you eat "Nose to Tail". You have to eat the tongue, heart, kidney's, liver, intestines, brain, etc to get a lot of the nutrients that do not exist in the soft tissue (muscles) of the animal. A lot of those micronutrients are typically obtained through plants and vegetables. Also, are you making sure to eat a very large spectrum of different animals? Equally essential to eat stuff beyond what you can buy at the store and deer, elk, moose, antelope, etc. Very critical you take in a good amount of fat from Fish as they contain a lot of the Mono-unsaturated and Poly-unsaturated fats we need, that you typically don't get from red meats or poultry.

jp0212

FNG

Travis (708)516-3990

Just want to clarify, Carbohydrates are not Calorically dense. In fact, they along with protein are the least Calorically dense Macronutrients, with fat being the most. To clarify:

Protein: 4 Cal per gram
Carbs: 4 Cal per gram
Fat: 9 Cal per gram
Alcohol: 7 Cal per gram

I also want to second the HRT. I hit a really bad slump in my mid-30's. I chalked it up to tearing my ACL a second time. The recovery took a really long time, and my fitness level dropped significantly. I finally decided to see my doctor about it and found out my hormone levels had majorly dropped. I decided to give HRT a try, and it was like a light switch going off. Now I might as well be a commercial for the stuff. I pretty much tell all my friends over 30 to go get their levels checked.

Glad to see your not offended and open to good conversation. Not a common occurrence these days on the internet. First and foremost, I definitely want to say I am not with those in this group that are trying to discredit him. In fact, I fully believe him when he says he doesn't use steroids, because it is very possible to look like him completely naturally. Ronnie Coleman, not so much, but you can definitely look like Josh Bowmar. In fact I agree it is a shame he is so quick to get shamed. He is a hunter just like the rest of us, and I respect the amount of work he puts into every aspect of his life. The real truth is that a lot of misinformation is being thrown around. First and foremost steroids are not a magic drug. Despite what a lot of people think, you still have to work EXTREMELY hard on steroids to obtain any type of a high level physique. You can't get jacked just slamming needles in your butt cheeks and Busch on the couch eating Twinkies. You have to work your ass off. As far as the comment about not listening to anyone who doesn't look as good as you, that is a little silly my friend. If a doctor is overweight, does that make them any less of a doctor. Not really. Is it hard to take their advice when they tell someone to lose weight to lower their cholesterol and prevent the onset of Type 2 diabetes, maybe, but it doesn't make the information any less truthful. Is the low-carb diet a fad, to some extent it absolutely is (Adkins Diet, Soup Diet, South Beach Diet, etc.). The only legitimate diet out there that is low-carb is the Keto diet as it has actually existed since the 1920's. Many people don't know it was actually started by a group of Pediatricians looking for a way to treat children with Narcolepsy and Severe Brain trauma. More specifically, they were looking for a way to reduce the amount of seizures they have. Is Keto a viable, almost necessary, way to eat for that subset of people? Absolutely. Is it necessary for the average person. Plain and simply no. I can however see why people so easily fall into it. I will fully acknowledge there is plenty of science out there to backup the Keto Diet, but there are just as many studies out there, as well as humans who look great, that substantiate a well balanced diet. If you truly understand human physiology, you will see why it is hard to believe we aren't meant to eat carbohydrates. Below is a link to one of my blog posts. Not necessarily asking you to read the whole post, but at the very end there are some awesome videos that give a super hard crash course on human physiology.

http://huntthemountain.com/lets-learn-about-macros/

I was only referring to the subject of fitness and the methods to obtain it, not all medical advice in general. My brother is a doctor and respect his opinion on most things medical. I would not take his advice on health and fitness, however considering him and his family is pretty unhealthy. In my view, the medical world concentrated on fixing conditions rather than preventing them. My view of the nutritional world is that our culture took on a carbohydrate based diet as a cheap easy way to feed the masses. Just like dogs aren’t meant to eat dry dog food, it’s just a cheap convenient way to feed them. We grow crops, dry them, grind them into powder, then form them into objects, and add sugar, fat and flavor. It’s cheap and shelf stable. After this way of life was already established, we started researching what was the best way to eat. Almost all of the research is based on a carbohydrate based diet. Hardly anyone looked at our culture, and thought maybe we got it all wrong from the beginning. Is a coincidence that our pets suffer all the same ailments as us? This combined with the fact that a lot of the research is influenced by companies that profit off the results, leads me to be a skeptic of medical research. Remember, I have no education or degrees. This is just my opinion.

Gagster7

Lil-Rokslider
Are you truly following the Carnivore diet? Remember, you can't just eat premium cuts of meat that we all love. It is ABSOLUTELY essential that you eat "Nose to Tail". You have to eat the tongue, heart, kidney's, liver, intestines, brain, etc to get a lot of the nutrients that do not exist in the soft tissue (muscles) of the animal. A lot of those micronutrients are typically obtained through plants and vegetables. Also, are you making sure to eat a very large spectrum of different animals? Equally essential to eat stuff beyond what you can buy at the store and deer, elk, moose, antelope, etc. Very critical you take in a good amount of fat from Fish as they contain a lot of the Mono-unsaturated and Poly-unsaturated fats we need, that you typically don't get from red meats or poultry.
like I said this is something that is new for me, I am not truly eating Nose to tail. I am however eating as much different meats and proteins as I can. would love to add some elk if you want to send it my way lol. I also started taking a green supplement and still use a multivitamin. so I am doing what I can to try this out and see how it works for me. But I am love fish and all kinds of meat but have never really tried organ meat, so that will be something that is going to be new for me as well.

Trial153

WKR
Just listened. I turned it off when he said we are better off getting vitamins and minerals from supplements then through fresh foods...ie vegetables.
That’s an hour of life I won’t get back

Last edited:

Block

WKR
JeeeeZus everyone’s an expert.. he recommended to try the Carnivore diet for ONE MONTH and slowly add back some things you need or miss in ur diet... I tried it and only made it 2 weeks b4 salads started looking like desert...now Iv been on strictly meat/fat/veggies/salad for 2 months and quickly getting in the best shape of my life. I dig it.. helped me kick the pasta and I feel great with no cravings for sweet.