Anyone Chrono the new Bowtech SR350 with the correct mods yet?

Correct. Blue draw stops are the slower mods.
I"m seeing what everyone else is seeing with speeds, comfort slower mods is about 5-7fps slower than performance, and the new mods are 5fps faster or so. I'd like to chrono my own to see exactly how the old and new mods compare. But, based on speeds I'm getting and the difference between old and new mods, we should have about a 342 - 344fps IBO bow with new mods on performance. Once I have both mods I'll chrono both comfort and both performance...we shall see. All in all I like this bow a lot. False advertizing is a bummer, but it still has plenty of speed either way.

Podium Archer just posted a "new" video on this and BT sent him a bow they "calibrated" and it was on the chrono at 246. He did the full pull weight and checked draw weight and best it would do was 240

Podium Archer just posted a "new" video on this and BT sent him a bow they "calibrated" and it was on the chrono at 246. He did the full pull weight and checked draw weight and best it would do was 240
You probably mean 346 and 340. I saw the video to. He said Bowtech checked it and they said it went 347 on their Chrono. He ran the bow at exactly 70lbs and 30in and he got 335. He then moved the bow to 72lbs and got 340. He did say at 72lbs there was still space to higher the poundage even more. But the new mods seem to be about 5fps faster.

sndmn11

WKR
I'd like to see a standard for bows to be measured at all draw length whole numbers it is available for. With some sort of linear reduction in arrow weight and length as the draw length gets shorter.

I'd also like to see draw force graphs for draw lengths.

Both of these things I think would steer engineers/designers/product managers into designing bows for different segments vs just top end performance.

I'd like to see a standard for bows to be measured at all draw length whole numbers it is available for. With some sort of linear reduction in arrow weight and length as the draw length gets shorter.

I'd also like to see draw force graphs for draw lengths.

Both of these things I think would steer engineers/designers/product managers into designing bows for different segments vs just top end performance.
I second this. Or at least test the bows at exactly 70lbs and 30" and tell us what it actually shoots. Most people don't care about a high ibo. We care about what a bow actually shoots. And if your customers are achieving the speeds that the bow is supposed to shoot. We will be much happier.

It seems like Bowtech (and others) should shy away from putting an IBO speed in the product name. Or maybe hold onto those names until they get a bow they know exceeds the published claim.

I second this. Or at least test the bows at exactly 70lbs and 30" and tell us what it actually shoots. Most people don't care about a high ibo. We care about what a bow actually shoots. And if your customers are achieving the speeds that the bow is supposed to shoot. We will be much happier.
Agreed

IBO is kind of a Bullshit measurement too.. WTF is shooting 350g arrows and has a 30" draw?.... Target archers maybe..

How about a new standard for hunting bows. 2 point markers Long Draw Rating(LDR). 450g arrows 30" draw 70.lbs. and for Short Draw Rating(SDR) 400g arrow 26" draw 50lbs . Arrows must have minimum of 3 fletchings and not weigh less 5g and not shorter than .375 inches. Speed is measured with Labradar that has been calibration checked within 30 days of rating claims.

I'm sure there could be a market for 3rd part cert group that will publish their findings for each manufacturers findings

Agreed

IBO is kind of a Bullshit measurement too.. WTF is shooting 350g arrows and has a 30" draw?.... Target archers maybe..

How about a new standard for hunting bows. 2 point markers Long Draw Rating(LDR). 450g arrows 30" draw 70.lbs. and for Short Draw Rating(SDR) 400g arrow 26" draw 50lbs . Arrows must have minimum of 3 fletchings and not weigh less 5g and not shorter than .375 inches. Speed is measured with Labradar that has been calibration checked within 30 days of rating claims.

I'm sure there could be a market for 3rd part cert group that will publish their findings for each manufacturers findings
IBO is such a silly metric. It's not an arrow or combination I'm interested in shooting so it's fairly meaningless. And the crazy thing is 340fps or 344fps (whichever video you see) is fast...I think we would all be happy with a 350g, 30" draw, 70# draw weight. But once they tell us 350fps or whatever and fall short we are all bummed. But if they put the real number on the rest of the manufacturers are lying so we would call it a slow bow. It's nuts how fast bows are but how much they stretch the truth. If 340 IBO is where it sits, that's killer! It's a silly metric but we all put so much stock in it that the manufacturers have to fib to hang with other manufactures.

OK I just watched MFJJ's video. Original bow was about the same with old and new mods. New bow bowtech sent was 7fps faster with the new mods. Hmm, I don't care about IBO that much since they all fib and the bowtech ended up the fastest bow tested so far for 2022. But is the bow they sent different than the original one? Now I'm all confused and there is no way I can kill an elk with what I have now :)

OP
BucksNBulls

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
That dudes chrono sucks. Bottom line. It is slow on every bow he tests. I personally own 2 chrono's and I also use the Chrono at my shop. My point is that I'm using 3 different Chrono's that are all within 1-2 fps of each other and read 7-9 fps faster than his Chrono reads. He needs a new Chrono.

That dudes chrono sucks. Bottom line. It is slow on every bow he tests. I personally own 2 chrono's and I also use the Chrono at my shop. My point is that I'm using 3 different Chrono's that are all within 1-2 fps of each other and read 7-9 fps faster than his Chrono reads. He needs a new Chrono.
I don’t know, mfjj has the slowest speeds across the board. He addresses this a little in the new video and says he has 2 chronos within 2fps. I don’t know enough to say much but he’s at least 5fps off of most others. I love the guy and don’t care much, but it sure seems his are slow or everyone else is cooking the books.

IBO is such a silly metric. It's not an arrow or combination I'm interested in shooting so it's fairly meaningless. And the crazy thing is 340fps or 344fps (whichever video you see) is fast...I think we would all be happy with a 350g, 30" draw, 70# draw weight. But once they tell us 350fps or whatever and fall short we are all bummed. But if they put the real number on the rest of the manufacturers are lying so we would call it a slow bow. It's nuts how fast bows are but how much they stretch the truth. If 340 IBO is where it sits, that's killer! It's a silly metric but we all put so much stock in it that the manufacturers have to fib to hang with other manufactures.

I'm certainly not saying 340 fps isn't fast... But why are we applying target archery ratings to non target bows ?? Additionally, why are these companies essentially lying about speed ratings?? Yeah its to sell product but that doesn't make it right and their rating system is not practical for whom they're selling to the product to
I don’t know, mfjj has the slowest speeds across the board. He addresses this a little in the new video and says he has 2 chronos within 2fps. I don’t know enough to say much but he’s at least 5fps off of most others. I love the guy and don’t care much, but it sure seems his are slow or everyone else is cooking the books.
which is why I'm my post, I said to use labradar since every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a chronograph and Labradar is THE current gold standard for speed ratings. it's not dependent on sensors being perfectly spaced or the correct lighting

Agreed

They should use AMO ratings which is 28"@60 with a 9gpi arrow.

They should use AMO ratings which is 28"@60 with a 9gpi arrow.
Even that though could just be a bare shaft.. If they create a speed rating for a hunting bow using a hunting setup, they'd have less wiggle room to say "ooh we got XXX fps .. da hur hur hur"

IDGAF what your arrow GPI is, I want an arrow with an nock, insert, 100g field point, and 3 fletchings that weigh no less than 5g each and a 450g arrow. That will give a specific aerodynamic that everyone who looks at the rating will say "oooh they're claiming XXX fps and my arrow is XX grains lighter/heavier than the test rig so that should equate to roughly XXX fps if I use my current arrows through that bow"

If you take the speed question out of it, then most people will be evaluating what they should be evaluating (vibration, ergonomics, ease of service, options, etc.)

Even that though could just be a bare shaft.. If they create a speed rating for a hunting bow using a hunting setup, they'd have less wiggle room to say "ooh we got XXX fps .. da hur hur hur"

IDGAF what your arrow GPI is, I want an arrow with an nock, insert, 100g field point, and 3 fletchings that weigh no less than 5g each and a 450g arrow. That will give a specific aerodynamic that everyone who looks at the rating will say "oooh they're claiming XXX fps and my arrow is XX grains lighter/heavier than the test rig so that should equate to roughly XXX fps if I use my current arrows through that bow"

If you take the speed question out of it, then most people will be evaluating what they should be evaluating (vibration, ergonomics, ease of service, options, etc.)

That wouldn't sell though. I understand the marketing side of it. IBO is an easy way to gimmick sales. Sure they use a 10 strand string with no peep or D Loop or serving and a bareshaft arrow through a chrono as close as possible. But car makers sell MPG and 1/4 mile times with stripped vehicles doing 60 with no AC or with ethanol. It is dishonest, but not outright lying. That is sales man.

I shot it again, new out of box yesterday. My RealmX at 72# 28'' on performance shoots a 384g arrow right at 300fps. The SR350 at 70# and 28'' shot the same arrow with a whisker at 312fps on performance and 300fps on comfort. The draw on comfort feels significantly better, almost like much stiffer SS. The performance draw is similar to a turbo Hoyt. You can definitely tell it is a 6'' BH.

sndmn11

WKR
I shot it again, new out of box yesterday. My RealmX at 72# 28'' on performance shoots a 384g arrow right at 300fps. The SR350 at 70# and 28'' shot the same arrow with a whisker at 312fps on performance and 300fps on comfort. The draw on comfort feels significantly better, almost like much stiffer SS. The performance draw is similar to a turbo Hoyt. You can definitely tell it is a 6'' BH.

That's a great comparison. Which would you hunt with?