Anyone Chrono the new Bowtech SR350 with the correct mods yet?

That's a great comparison. Which would you hunt with?
Honestly, it depends. I like having 2 compounds personally, because I like to tinker and play and be prepared with a back up. But part of it is I don't think 1 size fits all. I would certainly hunt with my RealmX because the draw and speed are amazing (partly because I've been using the binary OD cams for several years) so I am extremely comfortable with it. I also shoot 3D with it, opting to use it instead of a reckoning 35. The set back, is tuning broadheads, specifically fixed heads. Yoke tuning isn't hard, but can be time consuming, so trying to be a perfectionist in your BH tuning is tedious. I do not own a press, so it was a multiple day affair to get it to shoot cutthroats and montecs where I was comfortable to use it on an elk hunt.

If the RealmX had deadlock, I would buy 2 of them (the revolt X had too much of a valley compared to the RealmX, so I did not care for it as much) However, the benefits of deadlock plus the extra 15+ FPS of the SR350 make it a titivating bow for shooting it with fixed heads for whitetail and elk where I can use the RealmX to be a 3D bow and set up to shoot mechanicals for pronghorn and mule deer and turkey where I don't need the exact same precise tune as I do with fixed heads and I benefit from the extra brace and forgiveness on longer shots.

I think I would be content with the SR350 and if it was my only bow I would likely shoot it on comfort most of the year, though I have no doubt my body would adjust to the draw cycle and adapt. I certainly like it more than the solution from last year and significantly more than the RX7 TT. Again the deadlock tuning makes the BT platform almost unbeatable for the guys who like to tinker and DIY and do not own a press and I think the SR350 is good step towards my ideal set up. But RealmX has treated me very well. Sorry that is long winded and I hope it helps answer some. I don't like to be black and white on subjective things.

sndmn11

WKR
Honestly, it depends. I like having 2 compounds personally, because I like to tinker and play and be prepared with a back up. But part of it is I don't think 1 size fits all. I would certainly hunt with my RealmX because the draw and speed are amazing (partly because I've been using the binary OD cams for several years) so I am extremely comfortable with it. I also shoot 3D with it, opting to use it instead of a reckoning 35. The set back, is tuning broadheads, specifically fixed heads. Yoke tuning isn't hard, but can be time consuming, so trying to be a perfectionist in your BH tuning is tedious. I do not own a press, so it was a multiple day affair to get it to shoot cutthroats and montecs where I was comfortable to use it on an elk hunt.

If the RealmX had deadlock, I would buy 2 of them (the revolt X had too much of a valley compared to the RealmX, so I did not care for it as much) However, the benefits of deadlock plus the extra 15+ FPS of the SR350 make it a titivating bow for shooting it with fixed heads for whitetail and elk where I can use the RealmX to be a 3D bow and set up to shoot mechanicals for pronghorn and mule deer and turkey where I don't need the exact same precise tune as I do with fixed heads and I benefit from the extra brace and forgiveness on longer shots.

I think I would be content with the SR350 and if it was my only bow I would likely shoot it on comfort most of the year, though I have no doubt my body would adjust to the draw cycle and adapt. I certainly like it more than the solution from last year and significantly more than the RX7 TT. Again the deadlock tuning makes the BT platform almost unbeatable for the guys who like to tinker and DIY and do not own a press and I think the SR350 is good step towards my ideal set up. But RealmX has treated me very well. Sorry that is long winded and I hope it helps answer some. I don't like to be black and white on subjective things.

We were fortunate with @KickinNDishin 's Eva Shockey (gen1) that it only took 1 go at a twist and then she has been set for awhile. I know you have read it before from me, but I can't find a reason to buy a bow that doesn't have deadlock or whatever Elite calls their system, they are just too user friendly. Unfortunately, that means I am voluntarily stuck with my reckoning for a while.

I think too much is made about FPS differences, but it may be because I am drawing 30". I suppose if I were a 27" or 28" draw I might think different, but I also remember when my Switchback was fast at 315fps and things still died the same. I got rid of my SR6 because that wicked hump at the end of the 30" draw made it impossible for me to safely let down if need be, and I didn't have to move my pins apart much at all.

We were fortunate with @KickinNDishin 's Eva Shockey (gen1) that it only took 1 go at a twist and then she has been set for awhile. I know you have read it before from me, but I can't find a reason to buy a bow that doesn't have deadlock or whatever Elite calls their system, they are just too user friendly. Unfortunately, that means I am voluntarily stuck with my reckoning for a while.

I think too much is made about FPS differences, but it may be because I am drawing 30". I suppose if I were a 27" or 28" draw I might think different, but I also remember when my Switchback was fast at 315fps and things still died the same. I got rid of my SR6 because that wicked hump at the end of the 30" draw made it impossible for me to safely let down if need be, and I didn't have to move my pins apart much at all.

Yeah I am at 28-28.5'' depending on bow and release. Draws are significantly different to me than you or even folks above 29''. I have accepted my fate that I won't ever shoot a fast bow, but I still consider it when looking. I sold my reckoning, because I shoot the RealmX SOO much better. 10-20pts higher on 3D ranges better. The best I ever did with my Reckoning on an ASA course shooting bowhunter elite was 18+. My first time with the RealmX was 22+. The BOD cams are some of my favorite and made me stop shooting Hoyts which I have owned since 2002.

I was tuning 3 blade cutthroats to shoot with field points 20-80 yards and to leave the rest at centershot, so I didn't make it easy for myself. But when I did it with my Reckoning the deadlock made it a 20 minute ordeal. It is hard to beat that.

I think people get way too caught up on speed. I shoot a Bowtech Solution on Comfort. 28" draw, 60#. I'm shooting Gold Tip Kinetic Kaos 340's with 125 grain points at 250 fps. and it's a killing machine. Tuning is super easy with the deadlock system as you mentioned, and especially at 250 fps!

My recurves are slinging arrows less than 200 fps and I get great penetration with a 550 grain arrow and a cut on contact head. I don't see what I would gain with a stiffer draw cycle and an extra 20 fps.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I think people get way too caught up on speed. I shoot a Bowtech Solution on Comfort. 28" draw, 60#. I'm shooting Gold Tip Kinetic Kaos 340's with 125 grain points at 250 fps. and it's a killing machine. Tuning is super easy with the deadlock system as you mentioned, and especially at 250 fps!

My recurves are slinging arrows less than 200 fps and I get great penetration with a 550 grain arrow and a cut on contact head. I don't see what I would gain with a stiffer draw cycle and an extra 20 fps.
I think @KickinNDishin is slinging them out there at 185fps with her 525ish gr arrows. I don't have any qualms with her hunting that way and shooting recurves for a dozen plus years before going back to a compound was a big part in that.

I have theorized, but have not read anything to support this, that slower arrows end up being easier to tune and more forgiving. That is the other half of why she has heavier arrows.

I think @KickinNDishin is slinging them out there at 185fps with her 525ish gr arrows. I don't have any qualms with her hunting that way and shooting recurves for a dozen plus years before going back to a compound was a big part in that.

I have theorized, but have not read anything to support this, that slower arrows end up being easier to tune and more forgiving. That is the other half of why she has heavier arrows.
Yeah I forgot to mention that my arrow setup is weighing about 485 grains

Trial153

WKR
I will take MFJJ reviews and speeds that he posts right in front of us on the video before all the bull shitters on forums like this.

What makes me a bull shitter? Because I don't have a YT channel? I have literally nothing to gain from bullshitting.
build a youtube channel, I'll subscribe then you can spew opinions all you want (and facts too if you want, but those aren't important to most people).

Ucsdryder

WKR
I haven’t shot any of the new bows yet, but I’ll say this. I had the Rpm360. I equate it to a race car. When everything is going perfect you can’t beat it, but if one little thing is out of wack there is zero forgiveness.