Anyone dealing with Charcot Foot?

muddydogs

WKR
I ended up getting it in my left foot, not sure why, I do have neuropathy in my feet and I had blood clots in my left leg years ago due to being immobilized from a knee injury which has messed with the circulation in the leg as I get older. The bones have hardened backup and healed but my arch is lower then it once was and kind of rolls to the inside.

I'm wondering what boots you are using and if your using any special orthotics?

I have custom orthotics that cost about $500 but there thick and wide. The orthotics fit in my Redwing King Toe boot but they stretch the sides out after some time. I have stuffed the orthotics is Keen and a couple other boots but they tend to put the top of my foot into the top of the boot. I just got a pair of Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots and they seem to fit great with the stock insoles, my orthotics don't really fit in them and my feet don't fit with the orthotics. Thinking about seeing how my feet do without the orthotic for a couple days in the Salomon boots.

I have been having good luck with the Redwings but the soles aren't very stiff for real hiking and the traction is non existent as there more of a work boot then outdoor boot.